The Meeting Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Karaoke night every Friday , Disco night every Saturday , Takes Reservation , Walk-Ins Welcome , Private Party , Good For Groups , Good For Kids , Take Out , Delivery , Waiter Service , Outdoor Seating , Carpark
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Friend recommend, we booked the table as they were busy, ordered the dishes, starters - fish cake was so small portion, all the dishes were delicious, overall the services wasn't too good, waitress very pushy, not really friendly. Parking space are very limited, better off went to opposites Cineworld.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We'd just been to the cinema, directly across the road from 'The Meeting', and fancied having a quick meal. There are several fast food restaurants in the vicinity, but my wife didn't fancy any of them, so we crossed over the road to 'The Meeting', which we thought was typical pub. We were surprised to find that it's a full blown Thai restaurant, serving a full range of Thai meals. The restaurant was quite full, but we managed to get a table for two; it's probably best to book if you go at peak times.
The prices were surprisingly reasonable, for both drinks and food. I had a duck dish, and my wife had chicken, both came with mixed vegetables in a Thai sauce, and we had a large bowl of coconut rice between us. We also shared an ice cream dessert afterwards. I had a pint of Guinness with my meal, and my wife had soda water with lime juice, and with the dessert I had a huge cup of coffee, and my wife had a herbal tea. The service was excellent, and the meal very well presented and certainly adequate. Our bill including 10% service charge came to only £40.00 total which was really very reasonable!
The atmosphere was great, with typical Thai decor, sculptures, etc, and we'd definitely eat there more regularly - probably every time we visit the adjacent cinema!
'The Meeting' also has an excellent take-away menu, if that's what you fancy, with a total of over 100 dishes on offer. They also have a lunch time 'promotion menu', from 12noon to 3pm, with meals from only £6.95. Both the in-house and the take-away menus display a small Chilli-pepper icon to indicate how 'fiery hot' the dish is, the more icons the hotter. We chose dishes with no icons, which were very pleasant.
You can park there, but I'd recommend parking in the large free car-park, just across the road.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I thought I would give this place a second chance and they failed, service was alwful and the greed was still there, failed to itemise the bill and again I felt ripped off. Never again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Very good food in here, the waitresses are very good and have good knoeledge on their food. The lamb ribs are very good. Rice is decent . All in all is well worth a visit a friend of mine goes very frequently. Interior is done well and toilets are clean. Fair bit of parking in the local area.

1  Thank roberrschutte
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

In a sea of local mediocrity this place stands out. Why fill your face with nasty cheap fatty rubbish nearby when you can eat authentic Thai food served up by friendly Thai staff. Unless you're a xenophobe.