“Fun place, fantastic food.”

PINK BICYCLE TEA ROOM
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Occoquan
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Pink Bicycle Tea Room has been serving tea and lunch in this historic town since 2001. The two perky pink bicycles that grace this historic building were discovered at a good ol' flea market and thus the name was created. Ms. Lisa loves welcoming guests from all across the globe to partake in the art of tea and friendship. Whether you're spending a day with your BFF or celebrating a special occasion like a Baby Shower or Bridal Shower this is the place to visit.
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I love tea rooms that are in old houses! The house reminded me of the home I grew up in -- the walls, the baseboards, the ceilings, the floors, each room being a different color! Exactly what I love! And the owner, who does all the cooking, was extremely accommodating for my diet restrictions, which is no refined sugar or process foods. She made an extra large salad for me (with dried fruits and nuts), a good serving of wonderful chicken salad, and fresh fruit for dessert, and she packaged up the scone and the desserts for me to take to hubby, who greatly enjoyed the treat. My friend who attended with me is a pastry chef and has very discerning taste buds, and she found everything to be very much to her satisfaction. I'm already planning my next visit!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

A group of us went to the Pink Bicycle for tea and bunch after hearing about the place online. The location was peaceful and relaxing. The food was great and the tea was plentiful and good. It is a great place to relax, eat and catch up.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Cons: 14 year old boy as a waiter meant that service could have been better. We waited 30 minutes to be asked if we were ready to order. Tea was lukewarm, not boiling hot as it should have been. I had to expressly ask for cream and sugar rather than it be served alongside automatically with our tea. I specifically said no pork in dietary restrictions. We were served bacon on top of our sandwiches. They really should tell us what's in our food. We asked for a 2nd round of water and never received a glass. It was super loud with a boisterous private party next door. They could have kept that door closed. More savory options would have been appreciated. Bathroom was out of paper towels and needed more toilet paper.

Pros: Elegant decor in soothing tones of lavender/silver. Fun trying on hats. Pumpkin scones with clotted cream were delectable, the best I ever had. I don't normally like the dryness or saltiness of scones, but these were excellent. Brownie was decadent, and apple pie crumble hit the spot. Cornbread veggie quiche was divine.

It's worth visiting once for the experience. But if you are looking for quality service in a tea house and larger portions, go to Lady Camellia's in DC instead.

1  Thank NadiraAnsari
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I have been here a few times, and each time has been a wonderful and relaxing experience with good conversation and tasty food and tea.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We celebrated our daughter's 5th birthday with a princess tea party at the Pink Bicycle Tea Room. Michelle was friendly, professional, and easy to work with - she made planning the party easy! The food was fantastic - our guests raved about the variety and quality of the sandwiches, the scones, and dessert. The service was great and the kids loved the craft and the cupcake decorating. It was a memorable party. Highly recommended.