This hotel needs a good shake up, the staff are mostly unapproachable (you feel like you're hassling them), we had to queue for 45 mins to use the pool and then could not stand to be in there as the chlorine was so strong. There were no towels available so we had to go back to our room dripping wet! We ordered room service at 7.30pm and it arrived at 9.45pm with chicken wings that were so overcooked that they were like lumps of charcoal on the plate. All the food was mass produced gloop. Breakfast time meant another queue, and check out even more queuing and all this on a cold off peak weekend in October!
We will never stay here again, not even the view over the "savanah" could entice us back - the place is understaffed and overpriced. Do yourself a favour and save your cash by booking an alternative nearby - there are masses to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey