Lowest prices for your stay
US$195
Free cancellation until 23/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$195
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2019

Spent 2 nights here in December 2018. I was alone exploring Catalonia for investment. I was looking forward to great food and I was not disappointed. The staff was great. The grounds perfect. My room was wonderful. Breakfast was excellent. For dinner I had the tasting menu. A few of the courses were not common to me, but delicious. I was impressed by the kitchen overall. A couple staff deserve special mention. Noelia was so genuinely kind and helpful. Otto had the most helpful and detailed explanations of the area for my cycling ambitions. He was very helpful whenever I needed anything. I am thankful. I really enjoyed my stay here and will come back and recommend to friends.

Room tip: the rooms off the highway have two double pane windows and are very quiet.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joan Carles S, Owner at Es Portal Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

We appreciate very much, 3dom, your comments and your time. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Es Portal Hotel Gastronòmic and you'll be more than welcome to come back whenever you wish. And we are very happy to know you enjoyed the food too. Thank you so much for your visit and for your recommendation.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

in a converted mediaeval country house, the accommodation is superb; spotlessly clean, and a free minibar, beautiful bathroom; the hotel has a nice outdoor pool, and ample parking; the heart of the hotel is the restaurant; dinner was magnificent, possibly the best jamon I've ever tasted, delightful lamb, but the pork with chestnuts was just glorious; desserts were gorgeous and unctuous; breakfast is massive - try the omelette; the should of the hotel is the wonderful staff - nothing is too much for them, they are unfailingly cheerful and helpful; enjoy the whole experience

Room tip: we had room 101, which was comfortable and quiet
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joan Carles S, Propietario at Es Portal Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you so much, monsieurkevin, for your time sharing your experience at Es Portal Hotel Gastronòmic. For us is a pleasure to make your stay unique and we're glad you loved our restaurant too. Thank you very much for your visit and for your kindness.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This is a refurbished farmhouse from the 15 or 16th century, about 5 min drive to the town of Pals, and about 15 min from Begur. A great place from which to explore various beaches of Costa Brava. Cozy and quaint, with only 8 or 12 total guest rooms. T

he staff is just terrific - helpful, friendly.

The food at the restaurant is excellent.

Some of the rooms are too dark, and would benefit from stronger lighting. But the rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean. We’d likely return.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jonpX6093W
Joan Carles S, Owner at Es Portal Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

We appreciate your comments about Es Portal Hotel Gastronòmic and we're glad you loved the place and the restaurant. Thank you so much for your visit and for your comments.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Would you spend a single night in a hotel that cannot keep their word? A single night in a hotel where saving money for themselves is more important than giving good service and even their own reputation?
So this is Hotel Es Portal in Pals. If I were you I would totally avoid it.
You decide.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josep-Alcover
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

As a guest we were put in a rather difficult position since after seeing the menus we would have passed and gone somewhere else.

Found it very difficult to find something I liked there was a beef stew using cheek not my thing. There were no other beef alternatives no lamb or chicken on offer a very disappointing menu too contrived for my liking.

I ordered sea Bass which was undercooked in the middle so I had to send it back. Artisan bread very hard so ordered some butter which was charged to our bill at €7.99 for three small pieces. I was hoping to make it up with a good desert but this was not to be.

I am sure there are many people who will disagree with me, but I do suggest you check out the menus on line before booking to see if it’s your type of restaurant.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew G
Joan Carles S, Owner at Es Portal Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Andrew G, as you put it, we are facing now a rather difficult position too, because this is a very inusual comment. We are sorry you could't enjoy a meal at your taste, although we got several alternatives in our carte. We'd agree with you that checking out the menusin advance is a good idea. Thank you so much for your comments, they'll help us to improve, and thank you for your visit.