All reviews three nights extra space room was clean some great restaurants junior suite good size costa brava luggage catalunya pools coast beaches
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Situated far enough away from Pals to be a quiet retreat, yet close enough to walk to the town (which has some great restaurants).

Check in was incredibly fast and I got a tour of the facilities and grounds. Staff were friendly and the room was great.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Sebastián P, Gerente at Mas Salvi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Stephen,

We would like to thank you very much for your flattering commentaries.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Waiting to welcome you again in Mas Salvi.

Sincerely yours.

Recepción Mas Salvi

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Where do I begin.....I was told at English Lit. Lessons at school that the beginning is a good place to start so here goes.

We were 'evicted' from our house in Perigord at the height of Summer as The Guys said "Mum,we're coming down to say with a 'few' friends..."

12 turned up so sleeping arrangements were going to be difficult!!...in short Mum, I and The Furball agreed to get out of the way, so Trip Advisor was consulted and The Blonde did her thing and found two places to stay in Catalunya.

The first hotel was In St Felu De Guixols, (more of in another review)

We arrived at This Oyster after 30 minutes of impeccable autoroute from further south.

On checking in we were greeted with a warm smile by the owners Daughter whose (Iam ashamed to say name I cannot recall, My Brain was probably frozen by her Beauty!) couldn't have been more charming ( We find that if you treat people gently, then you get the same in return....It's not rocket science huh?

We were told that our luggage would be taken to our Room (a junior suite) by Gerda, who when I said that wasn't polite on my part and that I would help told me " Hey, Just because I'm a girl it doesn't mean I'm not strong!...) Ballsy, and What class, (and I got her autograph because one day.....soon....She's going to be a famous Endo Biologist?? and maybe.......Will be needed to save this World!)

On with the review......Our Room was clean, spacious and when 'The Blonde' looked in the bathroom she called out that "I will definitely like this..." A Bidet - (Not something you find too much these days but my idea of Bottom Fresh Heaven and ecologically friendly too to boot!

The luggage was unloaded and The Blonde and Lungta (did I mention we had The Furball with us?) went down to the exterior pool to soak up some rays whilst I checked out The Spa (also my Idea of Aquatic Heaven)

Feeling refreshed after a sauna, and dip I thought a quick Bisou was in order and after maybe an Apero!

The Blonde was almost asleep with relaxation, and at that moment I knew this was going to be an interesting and therapeutic stay.

In short (Yes I know, not my best quality) after we had relaxed, swam, dined, breakfasted, golfed, shopped, (Did I mention Dined?), visited the exquisite local beaches, Drank (great local wines at VERY reasonable prices (I always go local terrain), and thoroughly chilled out...we decided to stay another three nights, yaaaaay.

The Surrounding forest and walks to Pals, The Beaches at D'Aro etc was fantastic and ideal for our 'early morning strolls' (Lungta and I) that is....although 'The Blonde' was not best pleased at us waking her at the crack of dawn......She did go back to sleep after we left though.

All in all a fantastic stay, Great helpful staff, a fantastic suite, great breakfasts, fantastic restaurant with a good selection of wines, great Spa, VERY Dog Friendly, with cosy little coves to sip a well earned G&T and watch the news of what was happening in 'The Outside World', and also a few games of Solo Billiards.

A veritable Shangri-La

Room Tip: Just be polite......
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 75ADH
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The hotel is in a lovely setting, with a great pool and plenty of lounge chairs. The staff was very welcoming. But, considering the prices we were disappointed in the room-- it wasn't quite clean enough, and the towels were frayed and not of a luxury standard. With a few small extra touches this hotel would rate 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frtravler
Reviewed 2 June 2017

the hotel is just outside Pals, in a fold of land: quiet, peaceful; it is well-run, without being over-regimented, spotlessly clean room with private terrace, comfortable bed, very good bathroom; acres of parking, two pools - indoor and outdoor; good spa - my wife says that the masseuse was superb; very well-run restaurant, superb breakfast; we have dined well there in the past, this time one did very well, the other not so good; we asked the very efficient receptionist to find us a Mass for Ascension Thursday, she found Mass times, gave us excellent directions; we've been here before, we'll come again

Room Tip: the rooms are 2/3 minutes stroll from the hotel; all in similar location, not much to choose between them for location; wifi very variable
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Stayed for a week, with my partner, at this lovely hotel. The grounds are beautiful and so very peaceful, all you could hear in the early morning was birdsong. We stayed in one of the ordinary rooms (junior suite) which was a good size, very clean and was adequately furnished. The bathroom was good, the shower over the bath was excellent, good pressure and hot water. We loved the fact that each room had its own sunny back yard with two sun beds. The hotel did not seem to have abundant staff but all were so helpful and friendly, there was always someone available in reception should you need anything, such as drinks at the bar or information on the surrounding area. Although most of the rooms appeared to be occupied, the grounds were so spacious that it always seemed so quiet and serene. If you chose to go to the outdoor pool there was never any shortage of sunbeds. We enjoyed the walk into Pals, it took about 15 minutes along a quiet road and gave great views of the pretty town. There was wifi available free in the rooms but the signal could be a bit weak at times, but, as we were on holiday this was of no great concern, apart from causing some frustration for my 'candy crush' addicted partner!
We were a little disappointed with the restaurant, breakfast was standard continental which was ok, but the evening menu was not great for vegetarians, also it never changed for the week we were there. However, the staff were very accommodating and did cook me an omelette on a couple of occasions. Most nights we ate out in Pals as we found some great restaurants there. All in all we had a wonderful time in very peaceful surroundings. Not a hotel for anyone wanting busy nightlife, it's just pretty, friendly and charming.

Room Tip: I don't think there is much difference between the junior suites, they all looked good,
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple