“Lunch quite disappointing ”

Restaurante Bonavista
Ranked #26 of 60 Restaurants in Pals
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Very cute terrace on one of the main streets of old town Pals. Service was correct and friendly however food was not!
We had ordered steamed mussels and they were very dry as if reheated in the microwave (pretty sure they were), just could not eat them. Gazpacho was good but nothing special.
Great bar/restaurant to have a drink but would not recommend for dinner or lunch.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

As a vegetarian I found finding good Spanish food a bit of a challenge (other than potatoes and veg) but this place was great. We stopped here for the vegetarian paella and it was the best paella we had all week. The boys who served us were friendly and helpful and I assume it was a family run business. We were given a table outside under the shade which was perfect and I couldn't have asked for better!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We ran to this pleasant, small restaurant in the historic town of Pals. We were very hungry and thirsty so devoured the delicious paella. Friendly service and the staff sang happy birthday to one of our group.
Good value for money.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We visited for lunch last week and loved this place. The home cooked menu is superb. The lady who served us was lovely, we had such an enjoyable time chatting with her. The food was wonderful especially the great childrens menu. We sat outside in the lovely street in one of the mst beutiful settings you could spend a peaceful lunch but the view from inside was second to none. A visit to Pals is a must and a visit here whilst in Pals in equally a must

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This little cafe/restaurant looked nice enough and in a lovely location on a cobbled street in the beautiful medieval hilltop village of Pals. I realised when we sat down that our table was broken and I was further concerned when I went to the toilet and it was very basic and not very clean.

My daughter and her boyfriend ordered 'chicken with garnish' which turned out to be a large portion of chicken with chips. They soon realised that although the chicken looked cooked on the outside, it was almost totally raw inside. The owner offered to cook it more but we declined and made it clear that we weren't willing to pay for it. The lady kept saying sorry and did not even argue with us about not paying for them. My partner and I chose salads which were satisfactory but nothing special. The French couple at the table next to us had ordered paella and seemed happy with their choice so maybe we were just unlucky. When the bill came, we had not been charged for the chicken but there was an extra bottle of water on the bill which we asked to be taken off. Another thing which put us off was that the owner threw a menu at a cat who was lying peacefully in the sun near a table until a family with 3 dogs sat down and the cat was scared by the dogs!

It is very unusual for me to write a bad review about a restaurant but I feel that in this case it is the right thing to do to warn other people about this restaurant.