Review Highlights
BEST SURF SCHOOL with a SUNSET LOUNGE and awesome TEACHER

I had such a great time here. I was a beginner and after 5 days able to ride some small blue waves... read more

Reviewed 11 June 2018
maximilianbrlr
Regensburg, Germany
via mobile
BEST SURF SCHOOL and AMAZING teachers!!

It was my second time surfing and this is hands down the best experience I've ever had with the... read more

Reviewed 7 June 2018
Danielle H
New York City, New York

All reviews sunset lounge mantas wetsuits beginners surf waves equipment fuerteventura
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Gave us good opportunity to learn surfing and explore Fuerteventura. The team is professional with proven experience. The house and rooms were clean, as I counted 2 people responsible for cleaning. Personnel is very helpful: they helped us with the excursions at the island. We are so happy that we chose this camp for our winter vacation. Thanks a lot for unforgettable moments in the water and outside. Good luck!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing host! Very comfortable and friendly! The local surf is perfect for all kinds of experiences. The views are great and the beach / shop / cafe is in a short walk. BBQ and cocktails were very nice at Sunset Lounge Beach Bar. After the surf enjoyed dance party at their place! Thank you Mantas & we will come back!!!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Contracted privates surf course of 3 days for me, my wife and my 2 litle boys.
We were totally beginners and we never try surfing before! We had our instructor for 3 of us. First day boys stood up and cached some first waves by themselves, i was strugling to stand up:/
Second day the instructor explained us the mistakes and provided the solutions in details for better progress in learning surfing. Second day i stood up on the third wave! Boys were catching almost all the waves and riding till the beach!
After 2 days we took one day break and surfed the third day fresh and rested. The waves was abit bigger then the first 2 days, we did manage to cach waves and have loads of fun. As i was scared that it was to early to go in to bigger waves.
Very happy with experience and the progress, exceeded my expectations.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I myself am a beginner and booked a class with my friend who has experience in surfing. We booked a beginners and a intermediate class and were told there would be 4-5 ppl per class, actually there were 8-9 and we were put in the same class.

The instructors were more busy catching waves than instructing students. There were actually no instructions whatsoever, I myself did not feel safe as a newbee and any guidance on what to do would have been helpful. After a while others left the water and sat on the beach because they did not feel safe either.

The wetsuits were torn and had reeked of the ppl who had worn them previously.

If you want how to surf and gain confidence in the water, this is not the place to go, as the instructors do not seem to be interested in teaching you anything.

This was a very disappointing experience for me because I'd taken a few classes in Portugal/Australia before and had tons of fun and learned a lot as well.

Date of experience: January 2018
Adan160, Owner at Kailua Surf School Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Sorry, Anna for inconvinience in he surf course! Will take it very seriously and make the improvements

Reviewed 26 January 2017

It was our first time surfing experience, so we took 1 day intro course. Activity started at 10.00 and around 14.00 we have been delivered back to city. Even for us, who takes frequent physical trainings and is well fitted as for our age, it was a certain physical challenge over all. Trainers ( Alex ) gives enough attention over full course.
Bring your own phone or camera to beach if you want to have free pictures. Otherwise you will need to buy photo's from external photographer, who is making really nice pictures and staying with participants during full session, but it could pricy, as calculated per person.

Date of experience: December 2016