“Private surf course experience”

Kailua Surf School Fuerteventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our surf school, surf camp and surf shop are based in Corralejo, in the North part of Fuerteventura, near the best Fuerteventura surf spots (El Hierro, Los Lobos, El Cotillo).We provide from beginner to advanced surf courses for everybody.We are here to teach you surfing, have fun and great time in beautiful waters.
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Contracted privates surf course of 3 days for me, my wife and my 2 litle boys.
We were totally beginners and we never try surfing before! We had our instructor for 3 of us. First day boys stood up and cached some first waves by themselves, i was strugling to stand up:/
Second day the instructor explained us the mistakes and provided the solutions in details for better progress in learning surfing. Second day i stood up on the third wave! Boys were catching almost all the waves and riding till the beach!
After 2 days we took one day break and surfed the third day fresh and rested. The waves was abit bigger then the first 2 days, we did manage to cach waves and have loads of fun. As i was scared that it was to early to go in to bigger waves.
Very happy with experience and the progress, exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I myself am a beginner and booked a class with my friend who has experience in surfing. We booked a beginners and a intermediate class and were told there would be 4-5 ppl per class, actually there were 8-9 and we were put in the same class.

The instructors were more busy catching waves than instructing students. There were actually no instructions whatsoever, I myself did not feel safe as a newbee and any guidance on what to do would have been helpful. After a while others left the water and sat on the beach because they did not feel safe either.

The wetsuits were torn and had reeked of the ppl who had worn them previously.

If you want how to surf and gain confidence in the water, this is not the place to go, as the instructors do not seem to be interested in teaching you anything.

This was a very disappointing experience for me because I'd taken a few classes in Portugal/Australia before and had tons of fun and learned a lot as well.

Adan160, Owner at Kailua Surf School Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Sorry, Anna for inconvinience in he surf course! Will take it very seriously and make the improvements

Reviewed 26 January 2017

It was our first time surfing experience, so we took 1 day intro course. Activity started at 10.00 and around 14.00 we have been delivered back to city. Even for us, who takes frequent physical trainings and is well fitted as for our age, it was a certain physical challenge over all. Trainers ( Alex ) gives enough attention over full course.
Bring your own phone or camera to beach if you want to have free pictures. Otherwise you will need to buy photo's from external photographer, who is making really nice pictures and staying with participants during full session, but it could pricy, as calculated per person.

3  Thank Ekspertas
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Okay place but terrible and not flexible cancellation policy. I had stayed a total of 1 night out of planned 12 when I had to leave because of work emergency. They would not reimburse any cost. Recommendation: do not pay in full upfront.