Again based on Tripadvisor, we booked a week on the Playa Park Club. And I think most of the reviews were spot on. We had no (negative) surprises. Just some positive ones.
We've been to Fuerte and Corralejo before and were looking forward to coming back. And we were not disappointed. The weather can be a bit changing, with heavy winds and sand and dust in the air, and the evenings a bit chilly, so bring warm clothes.
Corralejo had grown a bit since our last visit, and there were now waiters/staff outside every restaurant and bar trying to get you to come inside. I don't like it, but you somehow get used to it. I recommend you get away from the main street and try the smaller restaurants and music bars. Then you will be in for a treat (se my review of Imagine bar...).
The location of the hotel is a bit out of the centre. So you'll have a 15-20 mins walk when you want to hit the town. The upside is that the surroundings are very nice and quiet, hardly any traffic.
Be prepared to pay for all extras, like tv, safe, wifi, sauna, fitness and so on.
Even though the maid visited the room more or less every day and cleaned it good, due to the wind etc after a few hours the floor was again dusty. But that's just the way it is, so don't blame the poor hardworking maid. There were some minor things missing in our kitchen, but a call to the reception and 15 minutes later it was all taken care of - excellent!
All in all the staff were very nice and polite, maybe except for one or two in the reception and in the pool bar. A smile and a positive attitude can't be that hard?
We were self catering and had just a snack in the pool bar. And to be honest, from what I heard the restaurant wasn't much to brag about...
You got a small supermarket a few meters outside the hotel and a big one some 500 m away with anything you need at very good prices. Credit cards accepted everywhere.
During our stay, it was mainly seniors at the hotel, and some families with small children. No youngsters drinking and shouting, all very nice and quiet, just the way we like it. Plenty of sun beds, and the nice lifeguard kept the pool area tidy and clean. Very nice!
The rooms/apartments were spacious, separate bedroom an kitchen and a nice balcony. We had an apt in the second floor in the far end, so we almost felt like we were alone at the hotel. I've noticed some reviewers stated that you would not have so much privacy on the ground floor, which is true to some extent. If you get a room just next to the main pool you will have less privacy, but at the same time you will have direct access to the pool area, your own sun bed and people don't stop and stare. And most of the ground floor rooms are behind trees and bushes and a bit off, so it will not be a problem. We had some friends staying in a ground floor apt were we sat outside several times, with no lack of privacy or problems whatsoever.
Even though the hotel must be a few years old it was very well taken care of. Despite some carpenters working, they managed to keep the surroundings clean and tidy. Impressing.
I think the Playa Park is a safe choice in more than one way (the police station is on the other side of the street...). You'll have a stress free vacation, with no hassle in this well run 3 stars-and-living-up-2-it-hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Corralejo, Fuerteventura