All reviews small hotel la era walking holiday junior suite great hot tub a small swimming pool lava fields roof terrace stayed nights rental car hotel restaurant cold buffet playa blanca there is no air conditioning sitting room enjoyable week the ground floor
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is set in a beautiful location. Very quiet with lovely views along the valley from the roof terrace which has a hot tub.
The room we had was adequately equipped with a on suite bathroom.
We were there when the restaraunt was closed for their summer holidays which meant that an evening meal was a long walk or drive away. ( if it was open). We hired a car for the 10 days and ate out in the evening, either in Playa Blanca or at the harbour in caletta?.
Had to ask for bed linen change and towels.
The lady who was cleaning the rooms also did the breakfast which was continental and same each day.
Cold meats, fruits and other items were left uncovered. This attracted flies, wasps etc.
The pool was open but the noise and dust from the works going on next door meant it was unusable.
We ended up driving out each day for some peace and quiet.
No bar available in the evening so early nights all round.
Loved the location but not happy with what we got for what we paid.
Staff very helpful where they could be.
Never again, sorry.
We have been going to Lanzarote for years, so know the Island very well which helped.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank V4487QRalanw
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived at La Casona late on a Thursday eve (10pm) and were met by Herman. The restaurant was shut for staff holidays, something we didn't know - maybe we should have done our research better - anyway we were starving but told told many places were closed ! Having been to mainland Spain many times we expected places to be open late!! We were pointed to Uga, the next town and to la Cantosa which do the best pizzas I've ever had!! The hotel itself was lovely. Our room was number 3, downstairs in the courtyard. Unfortunately what we didn't realise is the room upstairs is only separated by wooden floorboards so every move is heard. This kept us awake at night and woke us in the morning. Again, wasn't the hotels fault, reading the reviews now we would have asked for upstairs room. The jacuzzi on the roof terrace is amazing, especially early evening with a glass of the local volcanic wine!! Breakfast was great - I like a simple pastry and fruit breakfast so was more than happy! Jose and Herman did everything to help us and advise us on places to go and cannot thank them enough. Definitely recommended - go for an upstairs room ! Places in Lanzarote to see papagayo beach (must) Cesar Manrique's house/museum Mirador del rio, jameos del agua and the vineyards (to name just a few)

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Jacksticks
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Spent 10 days there in June 18. Unfortunately the restsurant attached was clised for the entire duration due to staff annual holiday. Pity. Beautiful typical spanish rooms with lots of original fine art oils around. Again, due to staff holidays the breakfast was a cold buffet (for the most part uncovered) and although the room was mopped every day we had to ask for clean towels after a week and the bedding was not changed throughout the visit. Sadly a row if villas are under construction right next doir so the pool was covered in builders dudt and the dugging and drilling started as early as 8am Would go again, but when vilkas are finished and not during staff holidays

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

This has a Hotel Restaurant classification.

This is a restaurant and a small hotel. The ground floor room occupy the original building. A wooden upper floor has been added later and has more rooms. Above a couple of the rooms is a sun deck and hot tub. There is a small swimming pool.

There is open courtyard with seating sheltered under a portico. An old underground cistern exists with seating in. However this was locked up a lot of the time I was there so I am not sure if is normally available for use.

The room I stayed in was on the ground floor accessed from the central courtyard. The room was decently size with twin beds. There was a large sized shower room.
Noise can be an issue. The upstairs roots have wooden floors so you know as soon as they are out of bed.

The main window could easily accessed from outside. This meant I did not feel safe leaving it open. It needs a lock fitting that restricts how far it can be opened. This lead to some rather stuffy nights, and this was at the coldest time of year. There is no air conditioning.

There are no facilities for making hot drinks or keeping things cold.
There was very limited seating in the room. So no relaxing in private reading my book.

I was staying half board. The breakfast was a wide selection of cold options, typical for Spain. There was a selection of tea bags for tea drinkers like me. Coffee is provided and there is an option to pay for various specialist coffees.

The Restaurant is of a high standard. The half board option meant I was limited to three options per course rather than the whole menu. There options changed every day and I always found a choice that I enjoyed. The Restaurant is closed Wednesday and you are given a voucher to use at a different establishment.

The hotel is on the edge of town and can be is quite difficult to find until you are familiar with the roads. However there is a gravel track off the roundabout at the eastern edge of Yaiza, third exit if driving from the airport. It is easy to miss but takes you direct to the hotel. Once you have your bearings it is easy enough to drive though the town. If you are on the bus get off at the stop near the supermarket.

Yaiza is the perfect place to explore the south east of Lanzarote on foot. Several walks start or finish in the town. You are only a short drive from the walks in the lava fields. One of the guided walk starts from the town square.

I am unsure if I would use this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Lanzarote and stayed 4 nights at La casona de Yaiza. The best choice we could ever do!
- best location ever: 10 mins from the main beaches of Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen with restaurants and shops, but also near to the wine road (la Geria). Immersed in the beautiful vulcanic landscape of the National Park tymanfaya. Only a short car ride to the north too.

- amazing view on the vulcanic landscape! You can even do jacuzzi and watch the sunset from the rooftop!!!

- artistic place: lots of art in the room, and the structure is really something special, different from the usual turistic places. We loved it!!!

- restaurant: really good and fresh food including fish and vegetables. If you are tired from hiking, cycling or surfing just pop up to the restaurant and you will have a blast!

- service: I will never forget the kindness of the owners. They helped me when I had a problem by sending back to Switzerland an iPad I left by mistake at the airport. Also they offered a full information and plan on how to visit Lanzarote!!! Thank you so much Tatiana & Jose for having made our stay so pleasant and for all your help.

In summary: if you go to Lanzarote as a couple or with friends, I would really recommend to go to La casona de Yaiza for the very convenient position, authentic architecture and excellent service.

Date of stay: April 2018