All reviews pool area tuesdays and thursdays sea view lovely hotel salad german guests animation team on tap great holiday evening entertainment bar staff every night cleaned times a week pool was cold parrot show english food water polo
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This hotel has a fantastic location right on the sea front, This is an all inclusive hotel and the food was a little bit repetative and seemed to by more catered for the German Guests which were by far the greater %. Rooms were clean and bright, but noise could be loud from the hotel next door on an evening. Would stay their again just for the location and view.

Room tip: HIgher floors are quieter
Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank AndyB1961
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I have again visited this hotel for a family holiday and I can only say I am more impressed than ever. It has been 2 years since my last visit (haven't had time to take a holiday in that time) and the hotel has not only maintained it's high standards it has actually improved them.
Since my previous visit the rooms have been re-furbished and upgraded, The tired kitchenette units have been removed and the rooms are now tastefully decorated, The cold tiled floors so often found in hotels have been replaced with a nice laminate flooring (tiles still on balcony and in bathroom) The beds are very comfortable and I always had very good nights sleep.
The food in the restaurant is plentiful and of very good quality, It was ALWAYS hot and the staff constantly monitoring it and fresh supplies were requently brought out and the tired food returned to the kitchen.
Waiting staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help and make diners feel welcome and valued. I had 2 young children in my party and the staff interacted well with them amusing them and communicating with them.
The bar is well stocked and although all inclusive some drinks such as spirits are bartender service. I have never had to wait ti be served no did i ever see a long queue for the bar.
The bar staff are as friendly as ever. and really contributed to the enjoyment of my holiday
Reception staff are always friendly and helpful even those guests arriving late at night find a receptionist who is multilingual and friendly, also catering for the needs of early morning arrivals the management leave a cold table of food in the restaurant so people can always have something to eat and drink no matter what time they arrive.
The entire hotel is exeptionally clean the housekeeping is excellent with rooms being serviced 5 times a week.
The pool is exeptionally clean probably the cleanest pool I've seen and te surrounding area is kept clean and tidy with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. I've never had an issue with finding a sun bed.
Also the hotel is ideally situated with easy access to shops and a lovely sandy beach about 2 mins walk away
I have had far worse in an alleged 5 star
I can't wait to go back next year

Room tip: Upper floors tend to be quieter. All rooms have a sea view and pool view
Date of stay: September 2018
6  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 9 September 2018

stayed at playa dorada at end of august. lovely room and balcony. very clean and modern. i would of liked a clock in the room as i felt out of sorts with times! in fact i dont think theres any clocks in this hotel.
was a bit miffed that you have to pay for safe and if you want air con and wii fi in room.
they are a bit tight with towels and i had to ask for extras but the house keeping ladies are very nice and helpful.
food started off ok but went down hill as week went on. as someone else has mentioned it seemed to be more geared towards the german visitors.
desserts were fantastic and the dining room staff are really nice and great fun.
i didnt really go in the pool much and the only time i did i found clumps of hair floating which put me off so i gave it a miss after that. pool area pleasant and clean. shame the sun loungers are set in one position. life guard seemed pre occuppied with her phone so im glad i wasnt drowning.
excellent location for the beach and shops.
night life just average but greatly over shadowed by hotel next door with its very loud entertainment. two evenings on my balcony i had caberet and grease shows to listen too whether i wanted to or not. if i was playa dorada i would be having serious words with their neighbours about their entertainment and how loud it is.
i was wishing that the ping pong and snooker tables were some where other than under our balcony as the relentless ping pong and air hockey noise till past midnight was annoying
reception staff were helpful and spoke english. also acknowledged you when you were going in and out hotel.

Room tip: higher up levels probably have more peace. rooms all seem to surround pool which is not quiet day or night.
2  Thank EilidhA4
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I am not particularly grieved about the hotel, we went into our local TUI store and requested a AI 4 star hotel in Majorca. This was what they came up with. On arrival it was clear this was not what we were expecting (big 3 star sign at the entrance to the hotel). I instantly contacted the TUI store even before we unpacked, this then took 2 days for us to be moved. The hotel is OK for a 3 start but for the 2 days we were the it is the food is what really lets it down, it was a poor as any of the 3 star hotels we used to stay in. If we had to stay then we would of eaten out for every meal times. The hotel itself is fine and in a fantastic location, it is relaxed and no chasing around for sunbeds. there seems to be a issue with the pool as the life guard (a very young lady who spend the whole time texting and not actually looking at the kids in the pool) kept having to use a bucket to take out a green slime, she did this at least 3 times during both the days we were there. The hotel opposite entertainment was so loud it not only drowned out our hotel but actually sound like a concert was going on next door, this went on very very late. Some couples we spoke to with young children were very upset.

If the hotel could spend more funding on providing better quality food then this would be a fantastic 3 star hotel that is value for money

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Having read a lot of negative reviews about this hotel, was very sceptical before arriving. However, I must disagree with a lot of the negativity, as we have found it really good.
We had a one bedroom apartment, which was spotlessly clean and very spacious. Lovely sea view, as do all the rooms. I do agree that to have to pay extra for the air conditioning & safe is a rip off, never known that before.
The pool is nice, plenty of sun beds, only downside is they are set in one position, which can be quite uncomfortable. We went to the beach most days, where they were far better, even if you did have to pay.
The food was really good, so much choice and the waiters were very friendly.
All in all a really good holiday, would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family