All reviewssea viewpool areabeer wine and soft drinkspay for air conditioninglovely hotelsaladpour your ownanimation teamgerman guestsgreat holidayon tapbar staffevery nightelectric carscleaned times a weekevening entertainmentflamenco dancers
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Just spent 7 nights at this hotel good points first

Location brilliant everything close by
Rooms were modern and spacious
Excellent sea views
Very clean and tidy
Reception and bar staff very helpful and friendly

Bad points

If you have children or not and like to go to bed before midnight this hotel is not for you. Music and so called entertainment from this hotel and the hotel next door was loud and constantly in competition with each other so 2 lots of loud music and entertainers voices until midnight every night, our entertainment was very repetitive and the content seemed like it was made up as they went along yet next doors entertainment was by far more professional and exciting this hotel being a 3 star also I wonder why ours was so bad ? You may aswell stay downstairs as the noise is as loud in your room so only go to bed when it has finished or buy good ear plugs !

The Playa Dorada will tell you the music stops at 11.30pm which is correct but next doors go onto midnight.

The food was average fairly varied but not great if you don't like fish or pork.
Dining staff worked extremely hard but were very surly, not very approachable seemed liked we were an inconvenience.

Music in the daytime was varied to suit tastes but would have been nice to have a few hours in the day with no music to suit people who wanted to have a nap on the sunbed or just relax and listen to the waves.

Ignore forbidden rule regarding reserving sunbeds as this was never adhered to.

On the whole this is a very average hotel so ok for a cheap last minute deal.

Don't forget anything at the pool because we witnessed snorkels being thrown in the bin by staff at around 7pm rather than leaving on sunbed or handing to reception. Better still have a large metal basket in the corner of the pool area to leave such items so people can find their belongings or people can leave items to be reused if you don't want to take home.

Room Tip: to the right of the hotel if entering the pool area from the lobby due to the furthest point from the noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Playa_Dorada_Sa_Coma, Gerente at Playa Dorada Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you very much for your reviw.

We take good note of the comments you make to improove our job.

Best regards
Tomeu Duran

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel next to the beech. Food was above average and very friendly staff. Very clean but entertainment was very poor. Nothing for kids except pool. Spent most nights watching hotel next door entertainment.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth D
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 11 nights with my husband and 2 daughters (age 8 & 11) The hotel reception, dining area and entertainment areas are spotless. The staff in dining area & bar are very friendly and helpful. The reception staff, apart from one gentleman (who may have been senior staff or manager, I'm not sure) were lovely and also very helpful. The gentleman in question was older, never had a smile, was unhelpful and on the second day of my holiday, I split my head open after falling over a sunbed. I got 3 stitches, saw the gentleman from reception a day later and he didn't even ask how I was. No follow up from the hotel at all, which I thought was shocking considering I was a guest at their hotel and the accident happened at their pool area. Very poor customer service

We stayed in a corner room 405, and the views were absolutely stunning. The apartment itself, albeit modern, was extremely basic. Lounge was big but all it had was 2 sofa beds, long slim console table and a fridge in it. There was a kettle but you had to plug it in under the table as there was no socket above the table. We had ants in our room also, coming from under the skirting boards. The room was 'cleaned' every day except Tuesdays and Thursdays. All that meant was your beds were made and towels changed if required. I had to ask 3 times to have our floor cleaned, as it hadn't been done and was covered in dead ants and sand from a trip to the beach. Even when it happened it was brushed but not washed and even then wasn't brushed very well! It eventually got washed after 1 week, on the day they changed your sheets. Our sheet on the bed had massive big tear in it and some of the towels we had were frayed and had big holes in them (I have photos) which is completely unacceptable. The bathroom was quite cramped but adequate. The toilet and bidet wobbled a lot though and didn't seem very secured to the floor.

The hotel itself is mainly German holiday makers, and the food, in the main, reflects this. My kids eat well and will try different things but they struggled a lot with food and choices and ended up a lot of the time with chips and pasta, which is not what they like to eat all the time. The food just tended to be quite bland.

The entertainment was dire if I'm to be totally honest. The live acts, one was a man and woman in their 70s, singing. Was so bad it was funny, I'm sorry I don't wish to be mean but it was awful. Another elderly man was the Saturday night entertainment. He stood behind a table with his p.c on it and never moved. His songs were depressing but thankfully you could hardly hear him as his equipment was so bad. We could easily see the hotel next to us entertainment and it looked fabulous and so much fun. The entertainers work hard, there's no doubt about that, but because they say everything in German, Spanish and English everything takes so long! I was just about losing the will to live when the bingo and the quiz was on!

The pool and pool area could have been cleaned better, especially when windy and a lot of debris lying around and in the pool. I don't know what was in the pool but all our swimming clothes and the kids rubber inflatables turned yellow. I had to put them all in the bin. So don't wear your favourite costume in the pool! The pool umbrellas had also seen better days with tears and big nails in them.

We seemed to be the only English speaking family there the first week along with one other family that we overheard talking, so my kids didn't make any friends because of the language barrier. More British people arrived the 2nd week but just a few.
The location of the hotel is fabulous, right next to the beach. Sa Coma itself is a very lovely place. The resort bars and restaurants are very quiet though even although it was high season.
It's a real pity as this hotel is letting itself down. It has the potential to be a good, decent hotel but it needs to address some issues for it to be that, which is a shame as it's location and views are great. I would return to Sa Coma but unfortunately not to this hotel

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank louisemontgomerie
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this holiday last year after reading the good reviews here . Hotel is very nice and clean , rooms are very nice but bathrooms not, staff are fantastic very helpful and kind , views from balcony are great, now the bad bits. FOOD is terrible never it's all low quality crap would not feed it to my dog it's that bad. This is all German hotel very few English and the few that are there will feal out of place.wifi don't pay for it as it does not work in your room. Aircon yep it's a con we paid for it and didn't realise that hotel turn Aircon of at midnight till next morning so suferd at night. The beach be aware of jelly fish I was stung on my leg twice and my son was stung on his back really bad there is a flag system for notification on beach but still be aware. Hope you all like Germans as sa coma is an all German resort and the will do there very best to make Brits feal out of place .no we would not visit sa coma again for this reason. The people who vote this hotel so highly here must have very low standards as it was a very poor experience for us

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally0042
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms are very nice, views from balcony were stunning staff work extremely hard working and very friendly, food not so good all German not very nice also this hotel does not cater for vegetarians so be warned all the food is mainly for unhealthy fat Germans so be prepared to eat out there are loads of restaurants outside of hotel there all great, beach in sa coma is fantastic but can be a little rough at times and please be aware of jelly fish on sa coma beach we went to silot beach seems much more safer and no jelly fish, this hotel is very good and we had a fantastic time stunning location great for a 3 star hotel we would stay again but as it's is full of very arrogant Germans who I didn't have any problems with German people till,I stayed here but now I feel they are very arrogant, dirty, and foul mouthed and disrespectful people I would like to thank all the staff at hotel for making our stay really nice just a shame about the arrogance of the Germans who stay there it

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank alan m
Playa_Dorada_Sa_Coma, Gerente at Playa Dorada Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your review.

Yes it's true, all the staff is very hard working and we all strieve ourselves to please our guests.

We have plenty of different naitionlities. Among them Duch, Czeck republik, some french, some spanish, some polish, english and german.

We like this kind of multi-cultural mixture.
Best regards