“Can we take this Indian to England”

The Gurkhas Indian Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 218 Restaurants in Port d'Alcudia
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The gurkags is one the indian restaurant in port de alcudia we also serve nepalese food too.
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

My 12 year old daughter came up with the title while having what she said is the best curry she's ever had.

We tried this gem of a restaurant after my friend walked past and saw what food was being presented to diners. He wasn't wrong this place is awesome.

Our initial greeting was very friendly even though we were fairly late in the evening.
Complimentary popadoms and onion bhaji while we waited for main course was a very nice touch.

A number of our party ordered familiar dishes where others altered theirs off menu.

Nothing was a problem, our waiter explained how they cooked the off menu dishes and how the spices altered the flavours. All food was cooked fresh and is probably the best I've ever had even after eating in some of the London Indian restaurants.

The final bill was very reasonable with a 10% discount offered from our next bill if we returned.

Please take the time to visit you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We fancied a change from our hotel food, and happened to find this restaurant tucked away down a side road leading to the beach. From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel welcome and the waiter was very friendly. We sat outside so we could people-watch, but you can also get a table inside if you prefer.
The food was quite similar to what you would expect form an Indian restaurant in England, but with slight differences. We found the portion sizes to be quite large, and two courses were more than enough for us. I would particularly recommend the Chicken Momo. This is a dish of steamed dumplings with a mildly spiced but very flavoursome filling,. It came with a delicious homemade dipping sauce. It is on the menu as a starter, but as it takes time to cook (the dumplings are freshly made and cooked to order) I had it as a main course.
The naan bread is much thinner than we are used to, but delicious and just about the right size.
If we revisit Alcudia, we would definitely come back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Ate here twice. Delicious food cooked to your liking. Polite and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Jammed in between, and looking like any other place catering to sunseeking tourists you'll find The Gurkhas.
Do not however, let the unassuming looks put you off. The kitchen serves up some true delights for those of us kinda fed up with the grill steaks of Playa del Muro.

I had the lamb in mango, which was awesome, the pieces of lamb so tender, it was like eating the voice of Elvis. The chicken tikka my wife had was very good and grilled to oerfection, and the nan bread, well, nan'y. In a good way

The mango lassi could've been a bit cooler and frothier, but the divine lamb more than made up for it.

Good service from a very friendly nepalese waiter, made this a pleasant meal, indeed.

1  Thank Tom O
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Wow back again 6th time, twice a year for 3 years. Fantastic food and second to none service . Come on all you Brits who want a real curry from our Nepalese friends, come to the Gurkhas in Playa de Muro Alcudia ,you will not be disappointed. I look forward to coming here each year even though we book all inclusive , the owner makes us feel like family as im sure he will you. For me what more could I ask for, and my wife agrees so thats that then.