All reviews fresh towels one night air con hostel shampoo wifi shower port alcudia bars balcony accommodation
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I was there just for one night and I found everything, including the owners very friendly and supportive! The room was clean and simple as expected. I got a room to the patio, so it was very quiet during the night although the building is next to a busy street in Alcudia.

Big plus: the free internet, also in the room! Hard to find on the islands. PERFECT!

Why am I not giving 5 dots? Because it could need some improvement: the doors, mattress, etc. But it is only a very small complaint, as the price of the accommodation is very affordable!

I'd definitely recommend it for a short stay. If you stay longer, some people might need a more cosy area. Always depends on your needs. ;)

Room Tip: Patio, for quiet nights.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Fab fab fab. Basic but spotless and the current owners were lovely and very welcoming. ☆☆☆☆☆ value. Right near all the good shops and restaurant's and only a 2 minute walk to the lovely beach. Would most definitely use this place again xx

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Calma for two nights. The owners are very personable and like cyclists. The room was larger than I anticipated and was reasonably comfortable though certainly not luxurious. I had two issues during my stay. One, the shower drain was plugged though it was fixed on the next day and I had difficulty connecting to the internet on one of the days. Overall, I would recommend it if you're looking for simple relatively cheap accomodations. Note that check in hours are limited so check before you arrive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Pros :
Good air-conditioning
Super friendly, multi-lingustic staff
Relatively big room with balcony of our own
Nice kitchen
Near the beach and well everything in Porto Alcúdia
Good insider tips about Mallorca

Cons:
The elevator and kitchen is not open 24/7
It's expensive to us, but cheap for Mallorca
Bad common areas (they have such weird furniture and lighting that we couldn't bear to be there, and so could no one else)
(They have a dog in the reception, if you're afraid of dogs or allergic)

Conclusion:
Definitely worth it, we would stay there again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linnea J
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Came here with my friend for a week in July. It's in a perfect location in a beautiful area. the woman and man that run the place are lovely and help with anything and everything, great advice on what to do and where to go. Our flight was really late and they emailed us the code to get in and left us a key in a safe then checked on us in the morning to make sure we were safe, really caring and considerate people.

Room was lovely 2 bed with private bathroom and balcony, cleaned around every 2 days with fresh towels. The breakfast was a small spread of cereal, toast,cheese, ham and fruit with tea and coffee. We started to go to an Irish bar around the corner for a fry up but it was nice the day we did eat here. We didn't see the kitchen as we didn't use it, air con was great and wifi in every room and people also had their bikes and dogs here, it's very laid back.

People had left books, shampoo and sun cream that they couldn't take with them, we left a book and an umbrella for shade
The area is near the port on one side and the beach on the other, literally a 2 minute walk and just out of the way of the noise of the bars, shops and restaurants near by. 100% recommend not only the hostal but the area!

Room Tip: we stayed at the back in 108 and it was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends