All reviews fresh towels one night air con hostel shampoo wifi shower port alcudia bars balcony accommodation
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We arrived at the Hostal calma initially just to stay for one night but ended up making it our "base camp" for our one-week roadtrip in Mallorca. The hostal is clean and has a good atmosphere. We really appreciated the helpful and friendly hosts and will certainly go back if we are ever roadtripping in Mallorca again. There is Wifi and tv in the rooms.

We found the price reasonable and would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Waffledigger
Reviewed 4 October 2014

I am very surprised that people stayed for longer than a day at this very basic hostel. For the same money (actually less), you could rent an apartment in one of the resorts. If the resorts don't appeal to you then I can't see the attraction in staying on a busy, noisy road in Port de Alcudia as a viable alternative. The toilet was some tiny custom made thing that was literally against the wall and impossible to use. If you arrive out of hours, you will need a cellphone to check in. The rooms are basic and uninspiring. I have stayed in hostels all over the world and this one does not compare favourably with any of them. Yes, my short experience of the hosts was that they were friendly and welcoming but I don't know if that is such an issue at €40+ per night. At half the price, you would be reading a completely different review but if the proprietors want to charge hotel rates then they have to provide hotel services. My best advice is to shop around.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main road. The traffic is loud and constant
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank T J
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We spent 8 days at Hostal Calma and were totally happy with our choice. Vey clean, chilled atmosphere, safe, big rooms and guest areas, and a couple of very helpful and enjoyable hosts. The location is perfect for exploring the northern beaches of the island and if you want to stay clear from the most crowded areas. Great value for money, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWHarding
Reviewed 11 September 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 9 days. The hosts were very welcoming and all prior communication was excellent. The hostal is close to the beaches, bars and supermarkets. I liked that we could use the communal kitchen which is great when travelling on a budget. You cannot use the kitchen from 2pm to 5pm which sometimes caused us a small amount inconvenience but I understand that it is impossible for the hosts to allow access when they are not there and they do very long hours each day. The rooms are basic but clean, comfortable, have wifi and sheets changed every other day. I would recommend this hostal for good, clean basic accommodation. It does not have the bells and whistles but we were in Mallorca to see the island and not sit in a hostal room.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Antony & Natalie
My wife & i have just returned from a 6 night break, in the port of Alcudia!Where we were visiting family. It was a last minute break! So we didn't have long to book! We were a little hesitant about booking a hostel! as we have never stayed in one before! We had nothing to worry about! The Hostal Calma, is extremely clean & comfortable! The owners, who run it themselves are very welcoming,friendly & extremely helpful!! There is not much that they don't no about majorca! or anywhere else! for that matter!! thier advice is good for saving time & money!
The rooms are kept clean & the towels are changed every other day! The breakfast is brilliant value for money! & the location is perfect! just 200m from the port!
There are endless restaurants & tapas bars nearby! & the Hostel is just a couple of minutes from the beach.. We look forward to our next visit..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple