US$268
Hotels.com
Viva Sunrise(Port d'Alcudia)
US$297
US$274
Eix Alcudia Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$197
  • Restaurant
Club Jet Tours Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)
US$240
US$232
US$204
US$196
Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)
US$221
US$207
  • Pool
BQ Delfin Azul Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$211
  • Breakfast included
US$310
US$258
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Alcudia Beach Aparthotel(Port d'Alcudia)
US$216
Hotelpower.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$606
US$560
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,681 results
All reviewsbar staffthomson repsaverage ageolder generationshow cookingentertainment roomjersey boyspine treesevening entertainmentpool areaage groupqueuing systembeautiful beachrelaxing holidaythree starentertainment teamtribute acts
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This was my first visit to this hotel, which came highly recommended by a relative that goes very year. Firstly the reception staff were helpful when booking in and accommodating our request for a room overlooking the beach, which is a short distance, via the hotel's private walkway. Rooms were nice, beds were twin pushed together, not ideal, but I suppose efficient for hotel purposes; they were exceptionally clean and tended to daily. Walls are thin and you can almost hear the neighbours turning over in their beds. No kettle, however, I found no need because the bar was open to serve tea, coffee etc. This was an all inclusive holiday and could be overwhelming if you did not restrain yourself. The bar was open mostly all day for unlimited cocktails and local wine spirits, always provided by excellent bar staff - how they managed to keep smiling and being polite all day was a credit to the place. I have never seen such hardworking staff. Indeed the same could be said for the restaurant staff who were so polite and friendly. Food was a gastronomic delight, especially if you like fish and meat. I did find it hard on some occasions to find vegetarian food and to be honest some things that looked it, ie chickpea soup, had bacon in it. I had a word with the restaurant manager and he tried to be helpful and a few dishes seemed to appear on the menu for the week I was there. It would have been more helpful if all the food was clearly labelled as only certain dishes were.
Desserts were plentiful and delicious. Entertainment was a bit hit and miss, however, all the shows were very entertaining which we attended. Swimming pool very nice - take insect repellent for the afternoon when you tend to get bitten especially in the garden area. This hotel offered and great relaxing holiday. The staff, especially those manning the bar were brilliant. It was a great holiday, exceptionally good value at this time of year, for all you get and I hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the beach area and water, which is on the quieter side
7  Thank beaniebaby2012
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I spent a week here during early October. He's in his early 50's, I'm 40. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and the other guests to be equally lovely. I'm struggling to fault our stay.

Rooms:
Although not huge, they were comfortable. The bed is a little on the hard side but didn't affect my sleep. The balcony was big enough to sit out on and the TV worked fine. We also had Wi-Fi in our room which was great. My biggest criticism was the bathroom door. This was made of glass and didn't close, which for me, I didn't enjoy. I like my privacy when I'm in the bathroom. If they ever do a refurb, I'd recommend fitting some normal doors, ones you can close.

Not an issue for us but if you do book, you may want to bring a travel kettle as there is no kettle in the room. Lastly, I should add that the walls were quite thin. If you're a light sleeper, take some earplugs.

Bar:
Large selection of local spirits, wines and beer. I had no complaints. I didn't expect brands etc. as it was a fairly cheap all-inclusive holiday. I still have no idea how they made any money out of us at just over £300 per person with flights, transfers, room, all our food and all our drink. I can see why they don't offer table service on those rates. The cocktails were lovely too and part of the all inclusive. The bar staff couldn't work any harder.

Food:
There was enough variety to keep most people happy in my opinion. As someone who doesn't eat meat, I was thrilled to see a lentil pie on offer one night. They always had pizzas and there was a paella most nights. For meat and fish eaters, there was always something being freshly grilled or carved - chops, fish, beef. The chefs and dining staff were lovely too.

Tip: You can also eat outside. If you go to the end of the restaurant, there are doors leading out to the outdoor dining tables. The buffet was plentiful with salads, vegetables and potatoes to accompany your meal. The desserts were nice too. Every night, there were three choices of ice cream and everything from apple crumble to trifle appeared on the buffet at some point. Or, there were cheese and biscuits for those with a more savoury palate.

Reception:
Again, the staff were polite, helpful and friendly.

Entertainment:
We didn't really take part so I can't really comment on this. I suppose it was regular holiday park style entertainment from what I heard on the ABBA night. It sounded amusing enough but it wasn't really our thing. There is a theatre/cabaret type room with chairs facing the stage and tables in front of the chairs. It seemed to be full most nights. We tended to go out walking.

Rep:
Our rep was helpful and polite. I'd lost faith in Thomson after a disaster holiday last year and she was a good representative of the company. They should give her a pay rise.

Location:
Perfect. It's a lovely walk to Alcudia port, along the gorgeous sandy beach. There's a supermarket right behind the hotel and a lovely lake to walk around.

Cleanliness:
very clean everywhere. The room cleaning staff were always friendly too. The communal areas sparkled and the restaurant was pristine. I'm a stickler for watching people breaking food hygiene rules but I didn't spot anyone here - bonus, because I normally do.

Other:
No fault of the hotel's but the area is by a large lake. There are lots of mosquitos. Take plenty of bug repellent and use it all the time.
Take a beach/pool towel as these are not supplied by the hotel - again, I can't blame them for the price they charge.
If you need a cuppa in your room, pack a travel kettle.
As it's adults only, it's lovely and peaceful - except when the entertainment is on.

Conclusion:
Would we go again? Definitely. We had a fab time and loved the staff and guests. Just please put some doors on the bathrooms. Thank you.

Room Tip: For a quieter experience, ask for a room facing the sea's direction.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
14  Thank carla b
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is our 4th visit in 3 years I think that shows how much we enjoy this idyllic spot.
Fantastic staff cleanliness and one of the best beaches in the world make this an experience we enjoy repeating. Food always plentiful and good quality, but this visit menu was a little more adventurous than previous visits, but still very enjoyable. Adult only status at this hotel is also a massive bonus for us we love our grandchildren but it's nice to get away sometimes. Will probably return next September but not planned as yet.

Room Tip: If you like Sun on the balcony in the afternoon choose Mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Nice hotel very nice food great staff but the hotel needs spraying to kill off the swarms of mosquitos got bit in the room ,restuarant , lift, by the pool, in reception,at the bar .rooms need up dating and the rep at the hotel was useless

Room Tip: Get a sea view
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Valerie M
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This is the second review I have written about the Platja d'Or. I have read some recent reviews which, quite frankly, angered and insulted me. It appears that some people spend hundreds of pounds on a holiday just so they can Whinge about the hotel and it's clientele. How sad is that?
YES, the Platja d'Or does seem to have quite a few 'older' people staying there. Why not? Do the whingers think older people are not entitled to a good holiday? Do they think that after years of struggling, raising families, scraping away some savings, even fighting wars so that the younger generation have the freedom to whinge, Senior Citizens shouldn't be able to enjoy their remaining years? Whingers, GET A LIFE! Your disparaging comments I took personally and was insulted on behalf of all pensioners enjoying the fantastic service this hotel has to offer, I am a young 66 years, by the way.
My wife and I stayed at the Platja d'Or for ten nights in early October 2017. It was our 5th visit, and we found more younger people there this time than ever before. The Hotel caters for all tastes, and is in easy striking distance of the clubs and bars of both Alcudia and Playa de Muro.
Food at the Platja d'Or is amazing. the choice is exemplary, catering for the British palette, there is plenty of choice and their salads are incredibly good, (as are their Beef Liver and Onions, Steak and Guinness pie, Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puds). Restaurant and catering staff are incredible. They do cook some Spanish foods too, Paella is always on the go, as well as Mexican, Indian and Chinese themes.
Bar Staff are worth their weight in Gold. Ignore the queues if there are any, you will not be in it for more than a couple of minutes, the 2 drinks per person at any one time keeps the queues down.
Rooms are clean and compact, excellent happy and cheerful Housekeeping staff go the extra mile, you only need to ask. I haven't heard anything about bedbugs. Mosquitoes, yes, but they are a force of nature, not the Hotels fault. Mossy's occur everywhere in the med, and are not restricted to the star-rating of the hotel.
There are tables in the open air set aside for smokers. Please note the OPEN AIR bit. If you do an impression of a windmill don't sit at the smokers tables, it isn't rocket science, is it? The Hotel tries it's best to cater for everyone, and is successful in my book.
We have already booked for next May, and will hopefully book for October after that, ad infinitum. We love this Hotel and everything about it. We have made some lovely friends here and look forward to seeing them next year, and making more friends. It is the most ideal place for our generation, especially the infirm and disabled. At least they can enjoy a holiday, which they deserve, and the Animation staff, although not always my cup of tea, do at least try to get the old limbs moving and exercised.
Brilliant Hotel, Superb world class staff throughout.

Room Tip: 2 lifts, 4 floors. Sea view good from upper floors on east side. Road side (west) gets sun in the afternoon.
23  Thank Martyn A