See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We arrived at Hotel Bulevar after a nightmare 2 ½ hour trip from the airport by Urbis bus transfers (don’t use them) best way is to get the ordinary bus No1 to Palma bus station (€1.15) 15 mins, then get a 102 to paguera (€3.05) 35 mins.
We were a bit apprehensive about the hotel knowing it would be mostly Germans there, but it was fine
The chap in reception was very welcoming and spoke perfect English. We checked in and went to our room Which was very nice and clean and had a working air-conditioner.
The hotel is halfway up a quite steep hill about 200 yards from the resort center and the beach. Not only is the hotel German so is the whole of Paguera. We were there for 11 days and only heard an English voice about a dozen times.
all shops and bars are mostly on one main road plus the beach promenade. There are three beaches in Paguera, the nearest one is the busiest , the other two not so, in fact the furthest one from the hotel was mostly empty but only had one coffee bar (€2.40 ripoff)
There are a few music bars in Paguera which made for a few pleasant evenings, but once again all German but a lot of tunes in English..
The nearest music bar is down the road from the hotel on the right and they mostly speak English in there.
Back to the hotel: we didn’t know what to expect in the food department but were pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the food supplied (all buffet) even the breakfast was as English as we are ,(plus cakes and salami for the German guests) Only drawback is that at dinner all the drinks are charged for, even water (€1.40).
Only one English channel on tv, bbc news. The public TV’s are all in German except for the one in the bar
Which is occasionally in Spanish.
Speaking of bars, there is only one bar in the hotel which is down by the pool. The bar is well staffed by very attentive staff, you only have to glance their way and they rush over to serve you, they also do the snacks at lunchtime.
Speaking of the pool: The pool is a little on the small side but has ample sunbeds, The Germans (unusually)do not towel up the loungers in the early hours.
All in all a pleasant stay at the BQ Bulevar Hotel Paguera. But the fly in the ointment came after we checked out. We were on the way to the airport and realized that we were a bag missing. I taxied back to the hotel twenty minutes after we left and got a spare key for our room. When I got to the room it was being cleaned,
I asked the cleaner where my bag was and she denied seeing it just pointed to the rubbish bag on her trolly,
Needless to say it was not in there. I went to reception and the girl on duty said there was nothing they could do as after checkout the room was not secure. I can’t even claim on my travel insurance because of that.
Definitely spoiled what had been a delightful holiday, especially as it must have been a staff member that took the bag. Contents of the bag were two brand new Nintendo Dsi XL games machines, pair of D&G sunglasses and one Scrabble game for the DS (in English) The total value was £350.
Moan finished. Still a nice hotel……………………

Room Tip: use a german accent when booking :-)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NormanJB
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one week and were very impressed with every apect. The service we experienced was excellent, the hotel mainly caters for german guests, so not all the staff can speak English, however they make every effort to help you or get somebody who can speak english to help. The room was spacious and very clean with, sheets made everyday and towels changed as we decided. the food was also very good, with plenty of choice for both breakfast and evening, The evening menu was themed each night, e.g. italian, however there was also unthemed food to choose from aswell. The location was brilliant, just a short walk less than 5 minutes to all the shops and bars and beach, the resort itself is beautiful. the only negative i could see may be for families wanting entertainment at the hotel of which there is none, this didnt bother us as we just went to the local bars of an evening, also the pool area is quite small, but again the beach is so close that you could just got there instead. All in all a brilliant hotel to stay in we will definately go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are comfortable and cozy and cleaned on a daily basis. The food was also great, every day there was something different to choose from. You get to the beach in two minutes, but make sure to arrive before 10 because parasols and deckchairs are quickly occupied. They cost 10.80 euro (one parasol and two deckchairs). Alternatively, you can buy a parasol for 6-7 euro in a local shop and enjoy. I would recommend the hotel to anybody who wants to have an enjoyable holiday in Paguera.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Good food, nice position, rooms are very clean and people in hotel are so kind.
Price for cocktails are low and every day the hotel offer a new choose
Room's view is not excellent but you can go to the beach in 5 minutes by foot.
Internet connection is available on request for only 1 euro for 1 hour

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Diego_83_cremona
Reviewed 18 March 2008

This hotel is supposed to have a 4 star rating - NO WAY!!

On arrival we were first given a room where the balcony was on the same level as the car park. This was changed to a room on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel which, I was told , was the only other room available.
On first sight it looked OK but on closer inspection I noted that the bath lining was cracked and flaking- reported this and was told that maintenance would be informed ( did the same each day of our weeks stay and was given the same reply !!).
Were told that dining timing was Breakfast 0730-1030 and Dinner 1830- 2130 ( both buffet style)
First evening we went to dinner at 2030 - lots of sald left, but the hot dishes left consisted of some dry lasagne , a small potion of mashed potato and a bowl of what I thought was gravy. However, the cook behing the counter told me it was a pork, onions and mushroom dish ( unfortunately there was no pork left !!). Apart from two dishes of bright coloured and very swwet pudding ther was no other dessert available.
The breakfast experience was little better that the dinner the evening before. although there was plenty of luke warm bacon and eggs available!.

Luke warm food seemed to be the norm. ( as one elderly lady found out when she complained that the soup was cool and was told there was a microwave at the back of the room and she could heat it up there ).

I have to admit there was abetter choice ( not much) if one went to meals very early and fought with the other guests for the best on offer.

The crowning glory was that on our day of arrival I asked the gentleman at the reception ( who, along with one waitress were the only friendly staff we met) how I could arrange a late check-out as our departure flight was at night. He told me that I would need to speak with the reservations person during the day.
On our second I went to the reception and asked the lady "If I could get a.........." ( this was as far as I got ) The lady gave me a stare and said " No English". I then tried to ask if there was anyone else I could speak to to which she angrily replied in Spanish " This is Spain; here we speak spanish ".

This lady turned out to be the manager of the hotel !!!

I tried to explain that I was a guest in her hotel and in the country - but by then she had already turned away to continue her conversation with another member of staff.

Unfortunately I could not change my flight or obtain a room in another hotel so we decided we had no choice but to stick it out as well as dine out as often as possible.

Conclusion : even if they change the manager etc. and find a new maintenace man DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family