“Lovely Pizza”

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Fornalutx
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pizza, pasta y ensaladas. Postres caseros. Entre las 16h y las 18h solamente bebidas y postres. Pizza, pasta and salads. Homemade deserts. Between 4pm and 6pm we only serve drinks and desserts. Pizza, Pasta und Salate. Hausgemachte Desserts. Zwischen 16h und 18h servieren wir nur Getränke und Desserts.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We popped in this small pizzeria after a nice walk from Soller. We sat outside in the sun and shared one of their great pizzas, really thin base and plenty of tasty toppings.
Friendly service too :)

1  Thank worz666

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Unexpectedly, this was one of our favorite meals in Mallorca; the pizza was fantastic and the prices were unbeatable. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I am a Fornalutx resident who has frequented the pizzeria many times in the past, when the wonderful Ramon was so welcoming and friendly that it more than made up for the food which was a bit hit and miss at times. I noticed that a German couple had taken over the place earlier this year, and some friends went in the summer and felt it was pretty grim, especially the service, but with 3 tweenies to look after tonight we decided to have some pizza. Thank heaven we decided to opt for a take away rather than stay at the restaurant ( which was maybe a quarter full). I walked into the pizzeria with the children, all well behaved and was greeted with the children being pushed out of the way at the counter... I ordered the pizza and instead of being shown a chair to maybe have a drink while waiting, I was told rather rudely, to come back in 15 minutes. Well anyone that knows Fornalutx knows that a 15 minute wait precludes going home and I was made to feel so uncomfortable with the children that I ushered 2 back to the car and I walked quickly to the village shop with my son. We arrived back just as 4 Pizzas were being boxed up.. I ordered 3 as my son changed his mind from a margarita to a jamon one.. a conversation that was very appreciated by the lady behind the counter, who when I questioned the 4 pizzas, said ‘ you ordered it.. what do you think we can do with it, throw it away?’. Luckily I am Irish and not American, so I said I would take the 4 pizzas. I handed over the money to have my change slapped very deliberately on the counter instead of in my outstretched hand... the pizza..yes better than it was, but when the service and attitude is so frightful it makes the Pizza pretty unpalatable too!

5  Thank Brightyellowsunbeam
Christian R, Inhaber at Calzone Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Good morning, just reading your complaint. It seems there was a misunderstanding when we took your order which we would like to apologize for. Also, yes, after having taken your order we went to the kitchen to ask how long it would take and then told you it would be 10 minutes when you were on your way out already. This is our normal procedure that everybody seems to be fine with. Even though we neither pushed around anybody nor slapped money anywhere we're sorry you felt being treated inapropriate. If you decide to come back another time, we'll try our best to do better. If you have a look at our latest critics, you will see that generally our clients are more than happy not only with our food but also with the service.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great pizzas - all four of us enjoyed our choices - ironically none of us had a calzone...next time. Good service by the patron, who spoke excellent Spanish, English and (my guess his native) German. Terrace (facing the quiet road) is a great spot for people watching. Chill out, have a beer/wine, and drink up the wonderful surrounds of Fornalutx.

1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

It's a lovely place, whit wonderfull colective. I eat some kind of pizzas and all of them was very good. My favorite dessert it's Pizza Nutella. Very tasty.
A very good pizzeria. A special place.

2  Thank Laur D