“Wonderful Restaurant!”

Strandkorb
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Strandkorb amid a torrential downpour and thunder so loud it actually rattled the windows, so we were glad to take a table indoors! The outdoor seating area looked very nice so I’m sure it would’ve been lovely on a sunny day.

The waitress was somewhat brusque at first but soon melted when I stumbled my way through halting Spanish to order our meal, even praising me at the end when I looked at her desperately to check she had understood - bless her!

My partner and I decided to share the large mixed tapas as a starter, which consisted of six small dishes of different foods served with a basket of bread. Each little dish was a gastronomic delight of its own and the portion sizes were perfect - not so small they left you wanting but also not so large that they ruined your main course. To drink, I opted for a glass of rose wine while my partner enjoyed a Cuba Libre cocktail which was a delicious mix of rum, lemon juice and Coca Cola - very tasty!

For the main course, I ordered the hake fillet, which was served with potatoes and stir-fried vegetables. The fish was beautifully flavoured and so delicate in both taste and texture, it was lovely. My partner chose the pork fillet which was wonderfully lean and very generously sized.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Strandkorb and look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank Sara G

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We visited Strandkorb and had a good meal in September 2017, we returned on 23rd February and I ordered the tagliatelle with prawns and pesto, having checked that no walnuts were in the pesto as I so allergic to them. My dish was very disappointing the prawns although large had been reduced down to two and the tagliatelle was an over cooked sog. After I had finished the meal I started to feel unwell and very hot so we left the restaraunt, I started to go into anaphylactic shock, heart racing, hundreds of hives covering my body, face, ears and tongue swelling etc., We sought help from the Pharmacy and they directed us to Colonia st Jordi Doctors. Fortunately for me the Doctor arrived 10 minutes later and had good experience of my condition, he injected me and monitored me for sometime commending my Husband for adminstering the epipen. I can honestly say this Doctor saved my life.
I have emailed Strandkorb but they have failed to answer or apologise for their lack of knowledge of their ingredients or to enquire how I am now.
Needless to say we won't be returning.

RestaurantStrandkorb, Geschäftsführer at Strandkorb, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Lesley,

I feel very sorry and bad what happened to you, we remember that you asked us if there are nuts in our food because you have a nut allergy, where we tell you there are no nut products in the pasta pesto but only almonds, here you said that This is not a problem and you are allowed to eat this. We hope you feel better again and wish you all the best. We would be very happy if we see you again in our restaurant and welcome you as our guest

Saludos Andreas y Mariana

Reviewed 16 July 2017

It is a typical tourist restaurant. It is probably ok when you just want to fill you tummy and do not care much about the quality for your food. But my spaghetti wiht pesto and shrimps was a disapointment. It was like they cooked the pasta, purred the pesto and cheese over it and pulled it in the oven to keep it warm - so the pasta was dry and everything sticked together when it was served.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Best experience in "Jordi"! Make this your favorite restaurant!
Very nice couple that owns the restaurant. Very concern about their guests!

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting . Excellent food - the sole and salmon in particular. Very good service topped off by a llve duo singing Spanish and Argentinian songs. Will certainly visit again.