This was my third visit to Melia de Mar and what a dissapointment! I stayed on the Level the room was very good, clean and comfortable, however the food was sparce, unimaginative, luke warm and of very poor quality. On the first night I was just offered the buffet ( as I was half board) and not made aware of the choice also off a hb menu, when I asked at reception "was there a choice" I was told " Well there is a wedding on" . The once friendly staff have long gone or if they havent then the spark has! I regularly have Spa treatments, my experience at the YHI Spa was awful. Firstly I stood for 13 minutes whilst the receptionist dealt with some people who were just enquiring and pondering about treatments. I was not acknowledged in any way! The facial was nothing less than brutal. The therapist although a sweet girl, continually smothered my whole face, eyes with her hands, scrubbed so hard with towels, and then put scorching hot towels on me! At one point I almost said " I cant take this anymore", I am not a beautician myslelf however I certainally know enough to know that she had no idea! Fancy Spa but dreadful. I would never go back to the Melia de Mar again. It was a five star price but a two star hotel. I have never been compelled to write a review in my many years or travel but this time I felt something had to be said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Melia de Mar, a contemporary beachfront hotel Enjoying a tranquil setting in the residential area of Illetas, yet only ten minutes from Palma’s city centre, the newly-refurbished, adults-only Gran Melia de Mar, exclusive member of Leading Hotels International, has a privileged location directly facing the sea and offering a small, sandy beach. The hotel has been architecturally designed to make the most of the spectacular views Built / renovated date: 1964 / winter 2015/2016 – Rooms number: 142 – from airport Son Sant Joan - hotel: 17 km with 142 Rooms including Suites. All with Terrace with spectacular front sea view, Bathroom with hair-dryer, magnifying mirror, bathtub and shower stall, Air-conditioning. Heating. Satellite TV. Direct dial telephone. Mini-bar, Nespresso, and Safe. Room Service. 6 Meeting rooms. WIFI free of charge. The spacious ‘RedLevel Experience’ rooms and suites offer special VIP amenities. 2 outdoor pools with a delightful pool surrounded by Balinese beds with concierge service. Magnificent breakfast buffet served in the “PERSEO” restaurant and terrace overlooking the sea , the new ARRELS by Marga Coll – fine dining restaurant with a terrace providing an extraordinary range of modern Mallorcan cuisine. Big variety of F&B offers, service in outdoor spaces or indoors. In summer months enjoy the BARDOT Pool Bar & Restaurant. AMARO Lobby Bar & Lounge. Spa by CLARINS. Valet Parking. The hotel opens from April to October and is strictly adults only. Minimum age 15 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Melia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia De Mar Hotel Calvia
- Melia Hotel De Mar
- Sol Melia Calvia
- Gran Melia De Mar Majorca/Calvia, Spain