“'Our week in a sauna'”
Review of Hostal Oasis D'Or

Hostal Oasis D'Or
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I booked this hostal for myself, my husband and other family after reading many good/excellent reviews and seeing the very reasonable price and location. We arrived late evening and encountered a very grumpy owner who begrudgingly talked us through the procedure. We were disappointed to find no air conditioning as it was very hot in our very basic room. Fans were offered but at a cost that we thought was unreasonable. The hostal was lacking in lots of ways. There wasn't even any soap (a basic ammenity I would have thought). The breakfast was basic but at least different every day and this really doesn't bother us much. It would have been nice to have been able to have more than 1 cup of tea and I think a pot each is not too much to ask.
On the plus side the pool was a welcome relief from the heat and we met some lovely people also staying there.Unfortunatley a suggested pool bar was never open!!! The rooms were cleaned every day and the shower was generally hot. The location was excellent due to it's proximity to the beach and a variety of good bars and restuarants.
Overall though I do not think I would recommend this hotel to friends and the owner could do with a few lessons in hospitality as everything seemed a bit of a chore. Your customers are not to blame for how you feel!
My biggest regret is having booked it for ourselves and another couple. It turned out to be a bit of an eye-opener. A not to be repeated experience!

Room Tip: Only a few rooms overlook the pool otherwise you are stuck at the front which is noisy or at the bot...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Traveling to Majorca for a family wedding I let someone else organise our trip. Our flight and transfer was great and we arrived late in the evening at the Oasis. We were met by a gruff individual who seemed annoyed that we had bothered him. The first thing hit us was the musty damp smell it is old and shabby there is no air con, fans can be hired. Our room though clean was also shabby and about 30 years out of date. The balcony had a great view of the roof of the pool bar, which never opened if I stood on the furthest corner I could see the pool, that is completely different to the one in the picture. The stairs to the pool are also under that room. 107, the bathroom was just grim with a shower that hardly worked and we had no hot water the lighting was a joke. No phone or tv in rooms.we had to leave wardrobe door open because of the smell.
Breakfast is a one choice meal, boiled egg one day beans on toast the next, plus 1 hot drink 1 juice anymore is charged for. We met another large group also over for a wedding it was there first holiday abroad we reassured them that this hotel/hostal did not in anyway reflect everything we have come to know and expect from the wonderful Spanish people. I believe the Spanish tourist board should look long and hard at the Hotel Oasis. We moved out and into the Tucan which was first class

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It might look a little lost amongst the big modern hotels, but don't let looks fool you. This was a clean, well managed hotel with a great reputation. We met fantastic people who had returned many times and i can honestly say it was the most relaxing week away I've had for ages.
Mario should be called 'Super Mario' as he was dashing around making sure his guests were looked after and happy.
We enjoyed our stay so much, we have booked for next year

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2017

A little gem of a place. A family run hotel with traditional decor. Run by Mario and his parents. Friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. The swimming pool was fab! Plenty of sun beds and a little pool side bar. Rooms were clean and bright. We stayed in a room on the first floor that overlooked the swimming pool. Bar prices were very reasonable and were comparable to other bars, sometimes a bit cheaper. We ordered a Seafood Paella that was cooked by Mario's mum....absolutely delicious. You have to order the Paella a day in advance. The hotel is centrally located close to beaches and shops, bars, restaurants. Couldn't fault it and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 472Belle_Belle
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were greeted by Mario who showed us to our room, with a smile on his face.
He explained about the Hostal, breakfast, bus routes etc. We were give a lovely, clean room overlooking the pool area. It was basis but had really comfortable beds. Towels were changed every day apart from Sunday. We had a small, basic shower room but it was clean with plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was good. Cereal or Yoghurt - Eggs, bacon and toast or Croissant. All cooked nicely with good coffee.
Lunch around pool bar was typical toasties, chips, burgers etc - very nicely cooked.
We didn't have evening meal but as a treat we pre-ordered Paella. Best meal of the holiday it was delicious. Cooked by Mario's mother. Seafood Paella was amazing.
The table was laid and music was playing in the background. I wished I had ordered it earlier in the week as I would have had it again. It was 17 euros each which was excellent value.
The staff were all very friendly. Lots of sun beds and pool was immaculate.
Several times my friend and I were the only people swimming.
Beaches within walking distance.
I will definitely be visiting Oasis D'or again.

Room Tip: 1st floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends