All reviewsmario jnrpaellatoby jugbigger hotelsrooms are basicsmall hotelspanish hospitalitytraditional spanish styleno air conwhitewashed wallsbreakfast rooma family run hotela wonderful staydefinitely stay here againbudget hotelstupid o'clockpool area
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Traveling to Majorca for a family wedding I let someone else organise our trip. Our flight and transfer was great and we arrived late in the evening at the Oasis. We were met by a gruff individual who seemed annoyed that we had bothered him. The first thing hit us was the musty damp smell it is old and shabby there is no air con, fans can be hired. Our room though clean was also shabby and about 30 years out of date. The balcony had a great view of the roof of the pool bar, which never opened if I stood on the furthest corner I could see the pool, that is completely different to the one in the picture. The stairs to the pool are also under that room. 107, the bathroom was just grim with a shower that hardly worked and we had no hot water the lighting was a joke. No phone or tv in rooms.we had to leave wardrobe door open because of the smell.
Breakfast is a one choice meal, boiled egg one day beans on toast the next, plus 1 hot drink 1 juice anymore is charged for. We met another large group also over for a wedding it was there first holiday abroad we reassured them that this hotel/hostal did not in anyway reflect everything we have come to know and expect from the wonderful Spanish people. I believe the Spanish tourist board should look long and hard at the Hotel Oasis. We moved out and into the Tucan which was first class

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bernadettel312
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It might look a little lost amongst the big modern hotels, but don't let looks fool you. This was a clean, well managed hotel with a great reputation. We met fantastic people who had returned many times and i can honestly say it was the most relaxing week away I've had for ages.
Mario should be called 'Super Mario' as he was dashing around making sure his guests were looked after and happy.
We enjoyed our stay so much, we have booked for next year

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cruiser724920
Reviewed 2 August 2017

A little gem of a place. A family run hotel with traditional decor. Run by Mario and his parents. Friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. The swimming pool was fab! Plenty of sun beds and a little pool side bar. Rooms were clean and bright. We stayed in a room on the first floor that overlooked the swimming pool. Bar prices were very reasonable and were comparable to other bars, sometimes a bit cheaper. We ordered a Seafood Paella that was cooked by Mario's mum....absolutely delicious. You have to order the Paella a day in advance. The hotel is centrally located close to beaches and shops, bars, restaurants. Couldn't fault it and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 472Belle_Belle
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were greeted by Mario who showed us to our room, with a smile on his face.
He explained about the Hostal, breakfast, bus routes etc. We were give a lovely, clean room overlooking the pool area. It was basis but had really comfortable beds. Towels were changed every day apart from Sunday. We had a small, basic shower room but it was clean with plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was good. Cereal or Yoghurt - Eggs, bacon and toast or Croissant. All cooked nicely with good coffee.
Lunch around pool bar was typical toasties, chips, burgers etc - very nicely cooked.
We didn't have evening meal but as a treat we pre-ordered Paella. Best meal of the holiday it was delicious. Cooked by Mario's mother. Seafood Paella was amazing.
The table was laid and music was playing in the background. I wished I had ordered it earlier in the week as I would have had it again. It was 17 euros each which was excellent value.
The staff were all very friendly. Lots of sun beds and pool was immaculate.
Several times my friend and I were the only people swimming.
Beaches within walking distance.
I will definitely be visiting Oasis D'or again.

Room Tip: 1st floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank yogi2011
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 21st-28th july with my 2 boys, our flight was delayed so we had to wake mario the owner up about 4.30am but he was still good as gold didnt have a problem. Its like having your own villa really, it was always quiet, plenty of loungers and tables, you dont have to "reserve" any loungers there was lucky to be 3 familys around the pool as most people go out or to the beach which is literally across the road. Breakfast was nice every morning if we didnt make it we just went up the road for one.it is central to everything, the family that own it are all lovely mario junior will give you any help you ask for.i dont know how he remembers everything at breakfast he's so busy lol! I would go back to the hostal but im not sure about returning to cala d'or itself i didnt really like the place i dont know why it just wasn't my cup of tea. There are plenty of nice gift shops there and restauraunts/bars/ tobacconists in the town centre.its worth going down the marina and seeing how the millionaires live on the yachts (wel jel). One thing i will say is if your looking for luxury then pay for luxury, if your like me and couldnt care less where you stay as long as its clean with beds and a shower then its ideal.i dont go abroad to sit in my room.. All the best mario and family

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family