All reviewsair conpool arearooms are basicplenty of sunbedsbars and restaurantsfirst floormini breaka ground floor roomtown centresmall roomspar supermarketbar snacksboiled eggschanged everydaystar hotelbed and breakfast basismet some lovely people
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I lived in Cala d'Or for a long time and heard that the hotel d'Or was OK so we booked in there as a place to stay because my friend was getting married in Cala Dor. Lots of the wedding guests did the same and we more or less filled the hotel on their last few days of the season. You would think they would appreciate the custom before the winter months. How wrong I was.

I arrived and was greeted by an abrupt rude older lady who told me the hotel closed the next day and I need to "get out" by 4pm. I went to my room and it was old fashioned and scruffy but clean. I went to the bathroom and there was no hand soap and the towels were all dirty and there was no hot water for a shower. We actually had a decent sleep during the night but in the morning I quickly realised the walls were paper thin. The breakfast was disgusting and very limited as it was their last few days of the season. We were given orange juice that had gone bad. My boyfriend asked at reception if he could have some water as the hotel bar/cafe was now closed for the season and the rude receptionist told him to go down the road to a bar.

Absolutely disgraceful service and I will be warning people not to visit here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steffilorena
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my Sister in law on a last minute decision after reading the reviews . We arrived on the 7 October to beautiful sunshine. We had a room which had all day sunshine which was a delight. Breakfast was good and the rooms were kept clean on a daily basis with clean towels daily. We did find the bathroom very strange with clear glass , would have been better with frosted glass. Great position for the big selection of eating places.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This was the forth time back to this hotel . Clean, friendly near to everything . Special mention to kami lia who works in the bar and reception from 4pm - 12 am there is nothing this girl can,t help you with regarding your stay . Love love this hotel but i would say it is the friendly staff who make your stay perfect .

Room Tip: All rooms are cleaned to a high standard
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Loved staying here. The hotel has a nice pool and plenty of sunbeds. Breakfast was good there was a good selection, they had different items each morning which was nice. I would say this hotel is more for adults as there isn't really a lot for children to do. The rooms had air con which was brilliant!. We will definitely be returning next year.

Stayed: October 2016
3  Thank chocolae
Reviewed 4 October 2016

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 10 days in September. On arrival our check in was really quick and efficient. I thought we would have to wait, as we arrived around 10:30am, but we were shown straight to our room. We stayed in room 106 (by the lemon tree). Although dated the room was very clean, with plenty of storage. We did have a bit of a problem with condensation and clothes feeling a bit damp, but we turned on the air con a couple of times and that seemed to sort it out. I understand that some of the other rooms have been updated and are lovely. We were happy with our room on the whole.
The pool area is really nice, small & quiet. Sun beds are comfortable and it's so close to your rooms and the bar.
All of the staff were really friendly and hard working.
The breakfast was adequate, with a hot selection and some pastries, fruit & yoghurt. We stayed on a half-board basis and our evening meals were in Restaurant Don Leone, a two minute walk away. The staff here were so friendly and the food was lovely. We had the choice of the half-board menu (which was limited) or 40% off of anything else on the main menu. Most nights we chose things from the main menu. The fillet steaks were excellent! I think if we go again, and this is very likely, that we would go on a B&B basis. We would still use the Don Leone for some nights, but there were so many other restaurants to try.
The hotel has a nice little gym, which we used on a couple of occasions.
Buses stop just outside and you can go to lots of different places all over the island.
To summarise this is a good value hotel, well kept with lovely staff, in a great location. We would highly recommend a stay there.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are in a good position as the hotel is small, but maybe ask for a modernised room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple