“Awful stay and hotel”
Review of Hotel D'Or

Hotel D'Or
Ranked #3 of 6 Cala d'Or B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a friends wedding, it is not really the type of hotel we would usually stay at. It is budget hotel and very inexpensive.

Unfortunately our stay was well below average. When we arrived we were showed to our room, which was on the ground floor, leading out to the pool. The location of the room meant it was extremely loud and you are woken up very early in the morning by the loud noises of furniture being dragged across the floor.
The sheets on the bed were dirty and there was no bottled water in the room despite it being included in the amenities when we booked. My partner went to reception and the man working was surprised the water wasn't there, however still charged us for a bottle from over the counter.
The room also smelt musty and was extremely small.

The second night in the hotel (and thankfully the last) we arrived back after the wedding and after being in the room for 10 minutes the electricity shorted out and everything went off. The door wouldn't close or lock as it is electronically secured therefore there was absolutely no security.
We went to reception and the woman working tried her best to resolve the issue as best she could, however it was her first night and she was alone in the hotel. She called around the manager and some of her other colleagues for help and eventually after an hour or so she managed to fix the issue and we were able to go to bed (however by this point it was 2am).

The next day when we came to leave the women on reception we're very unhelpful and despite the hard work of the woman on the night shift, it left us feeling that the staff at the hotel were very unhelpful and frankly rude.

If you are not bothered about where you stay whilst on holiday and the issues mentioned above would not cause you as much distress as it did us then this hotel is cheap and well located in Cala d'or. However I feel the hotel ruined our stay and we would not recommend the hotel to any of our family and friends under any circumstances.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan H

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I lived in Cala d'Or for a long time and heard that the hotel d'Or was OK so we booked in there as a place to stay because my friend was getting married in Cala Dor. Lots of the wedding guests did the same and we more or less filled the hotel on their last few days of the season. You would think they would appreciate the custom before the winter months. How wrong I was.

I arrived and was greeted by an abrupt rude older lady who told me the hotel closed the next day and I need to "get out" by 4pm. I went to my room and it was old fashioned and scruffy but clean. I went to the bathroom and there was no hand soap and the towels were all dirty and there was no hot water for a shower. We actually had a decent sleep during the night but in the morning I quickly realised the walls were paper thin. The breakfast was disgusting and very limited as it was their last few days of the season. We were given orange juice that had gone bad. My boyfriend asked at reception if he could have some water as the hotel bar/cafe was now closed for the season and the rude receptionist told him to go down the road to a bar.

Absolutely disgraceful service and I will be warning people not to visit here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steffilorena
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my Sister in law on a last minute decision after reading the reviews . We arrived on the 7 October to beautiful sunshine. We had a room which had all day sunshine which was a delight. Breakfast was good and the rooms were kept clean on a daily basis with clean towels daily. We did find the bathroom very strange with clear glass , would have been better with frosted glass. Great position for the big selection of eating places.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This was the forth time back to this hotel . Clean, friendly near to everything . Special mention to kami lia who works in the bar and reception from 4pm - 12 am there is nothing this girl can,t help you with regarding your stay . Love love this hotel but i would say it is the friendly staff who make your stay perfect .

Room Tip: All rooms are cleaned to a high standard
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Loved staying here. The hotel has a nice pool and plenty of sunbeds. Breakfast was good there was a good selection, they had different items each morning which was nice. I would say this hotel is more for adults as there isn't really a lot for children to do. The rooms had air con which was brilliant!. We will definitely be returning next year.

Stayed: October 2016
3  Thank chocolae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala d'Or
Sol Cala d'Or by Melia Apartamentos
50.4 km away
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
#6 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Hotel D'Or? Share your experiences!