“Cute and quirky”

Ranked #6 of 182 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best Mojito in town! Lovely little place for some drinks by the marina. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank f00diepat00die

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brilliant x lovely people
Tony and Yvette fabulous hosts and also Dorian and his wife who also make us very welcome xx
Will always pop in for a night cap

1  Thank Ursela4463
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Run by Tony who does amazing measures you will not be disappointed. The saint dorado cocktail with pink gin and prosecco is to die for and you might be the next day. Very friendly will definitely be your local for the holiday. Set overlooking the marina you can’t fault it

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Went here most evenings for a night cap as we were stopping in the marina.
Different staff to our April visit but we felt like locals by the second day with the staff remembering out tipples.
We drank them dry of amaretto but found the cocktails to be the best we had all week.
Lovely location on the marina and will go again when we next visit Cala d’Or.

1  Thank Mr T
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Sorry, have read other reviews but my wife and I aren't too impressed with Smugglers.

Yes, ok, reception is good and the chap who greeted was very good.

It is a small place and tables pretty close to each other but it does feel like you have space. The views are great too. So, we thought, we're looking forward to this being our local as we've just purchased an apartment which overlooks the marina.. We've lived in Spain for 12 years and got experience of bars.

However, sorry to say we were shocked to hear other customers ordering gin and toxics by the size, small or large. WHAT? Who does that in Spain. The general rule of thumb is a silent count while the drink is poured through the plastic bottle pourer. Ten is normally pretty good, eight is the norm. But to order by size!

I ordered a Hendricks gin. When it came to the table. Four cubes of ice, slices of cucumber and the smallest measure of gin I have ever seen, below the ice level. Now I could see why others were ordering a large.

Sorry. But I had to say something. Took my glass to the bar and asked what size drink it was to be told it was an English measure. It was topped up when I did say we were in Spain.

Sadly, I felt cheated and someone took the p and I didn't like it. The price for The drinks were well above average too.

The smugglers bar. I think it's run by Capt Jack himself who keeps all the treasures and doesnt give a lot to his customers!

This will not become our local when we're spending our time here.