“Really good”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered lamb kebab meet and salmon for my girfliend and both were pleasantly surprised! Food served was realy good , although portion size was small, but nevertheless well worth it, would really recomend.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant to try the baked seabass and whilst we were shown a table fairly quickly the service was less than average. Have eaten in Zocala a couple of night previously the service there was excellent as was the food.
We shared whitebait which seemed like it had been left under a warmer, the baked Seabass was nice but not as expertly filleted as at Zocalo.
We had to pour our own wine and ask for a desert menu. When we got the bill a coffee had been added €3.50 not the cost but the principle.
Not sure I would rush back given the choice in the marina.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Very disappointed with the meals I've eaten at Botavara this summer. I suspect something is not quite right. Staff seem unhappy and perhaps they've lost a chef. Whatever is wrong it's affecting the quality of food and service. I had fish which was undercooked. Yes they offered to replace my meal but the replacement meal was also dreadful so I said nothing further. I have had similar reports of disappointing meals from friends. This restaurant needs to up its game. It's no longer acceptable to serve no vegetables with an expensive fillet steak apart, from some string fries. Not good enough to serve a few meagre slices of potato with an expensive fish dish. It used to be an excellent restaurant but there's now more choice and others are doing it better. Great location on the marina but food and service needs to improve. I hope it does.

1  Thank Makk28
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We called in here whilst strolling around the marina and they were quite busy but managed to find us a table.
I thought it was such a lovely gesture that on arrival, the waiter brought us little pieces of Spanish tortilla and olives and then some lovely warm bread and butter.

We ordered fish which was well seasoned but we were very disappointed with the accompaniments to the dishes. I actually counted that I had 4 slices of potato, 1 small shrivelled slice of broccoli and 2 mushrooms on my plate. I’m not a big eater but this was ridiculous.
What was more infuriating was that the two Spanish couples either side of us who also ordered fish were provided with a bowl of veg and potatoes including roasted aubergines.

When the bill arrived, we realised that they had charged us €7.90 for the bread and butter that we had not requested at the start of the meal. The waiter said they routinely provide this to all tables on arrival. I refused to pay this as we were under the impression this was complimentary and was removed from the bill. Won’t be visiting again.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We heard great reviews of the paella here so visited for this. Ordered vegetable paella (after making sure with the waiter it was vegetarian) however when it arrived we found little bits of chicken chopped in it. We alerted the waiter and he told us to pick it out. After finding 5 more pieces and the waiter making many jokes about the chicken being an extra treat, he finally said he would make us a new one but it would take half an hour.

We had to pay in full and weren’t offered a drink or anything during our wait. By the time our food arrived everyone else had finished.
We weren’t apologised too one and the jokes continued when the food arrived as my vegan friend was asked if she could “find any bunny rabbits” in this portion. Not really the right audience.

Needless to say I wouldn’t recommend.

2  Thank 1110_g