Lowest prices for your stay
US$82
View deal
Hotels.com
US$82
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$82
PricelineUS$82
Orbitz.comUS$82
1,201 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2019

Very clean and smart appearance inside and out. Room a good size, bathroom a little on the small side but usable. Outside terraces and pool area excellent. Breakfast buffet style very good. A good stay

2  Thank John W
ILUNION H, Gerente at ILUNION Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Dear customer, we want to thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure for us to know that our customers have been able to fully enjoy their holidays in our hotels.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,
Mónica G. Manager ILUNION MIJAS

Reviewed 6 October 2019

We spent a month driving around Spain, and found the address for this hotel somewhat deceiving -- our GPS could not find it; "km 4" is an interesting twist on its actual road name! The hotel is located off a roundabout between kms 12 and 13 on route 389. Our GPS unit was totally confused, and I could not find a km 4 marker on my way up the hill (if you get to Mijas, turn around immediately). The hotel is but meters off the main road up to Mijas, a few km downhill (on the right as you head down).

The room for disabled patrons (# 119) has a magnificent shower area, and it was in a perfect bathroom. As previously reviewed by others, the toiletries were good, and the bed comfortable. The room was small (we had hoped for the Ilunion further up the mountain -- it's a much nicer facility -- but it was fully-booked).

Mijas has an enclosed garage with a 1 Euro charge for a 24 hour stay. That in itself is a bargain. The town also has many excellent restaurants and bars -- so we decided not to patronize the hotel's facilities. The bartender there was actually quite surly, and acted thoroughly annoyed when we requested an exchange of our accumulated coins for some larger bills (a surprise -- most bars appreciate smaller monetary units).

Upon arrival we had a problem with the air conditioner but a desk attendant explained that the system was "slow" -- the very quiet fan eventually cooled the room to a comfortable level.

As this hotel was a "substitute" for our initial choice of the Ilion hotel actually up in Mijas, a hotel we had used in previous years, we were somewhat disappointed by the difference between the two. We would, however, recommend this hotel. It is adequate for most tourist visits. And it is quiet with a comfortable outside area for just relaxing.

Date of stay: September 2019

Dear Customer, Thank you for making us your comment, for us it is very important to know your opinion. We take note of everything you mention and we will try to improve as much as possible. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel ILUNION Mijas. Kind regards, Mónica G. Director Hotel Ilunion Mijas

Reviewed 2 October 2019

Although the reception staff were very helpful and the grounds were really good that is where it stopped, Our room was so small with a wall outside for a view. We had to pay 2.5 Euros a day for the safe and there was no fridge in the room. Some of the bar staff were not very helpful and the food was not very good. Fortunately there was a really good bus service into Mijas with some very good restaurants.

Room tip: Make sure you do not have a room in the lower ground floor as the view is really poor.

Dear Customer,
We want to thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure for us to know that our customers have been able to enjoy their vacations in our hotels.
We want to apologize for the carelessness.
We thank you for your constructive comments to provide improvements in care.
We hope to receive you soon.
Greetings,
Mónica G. Manger

Reviewed 29 September 2019

We stayed for one night and really enjoyed it. Reception was efficient and our room was fine - clean and comfortable. Although there was no kettle in the room, good quality toiletries were provided and there was a lovely view over the swimming pool. The pool was large and there was plenty of seating around it, loungers and chairs with tables where you could enjoy a drink or bar meal. We had a late lunch with a couple of drinks and it was all very tasty at a reasonable price. Just across the road is the stop for the bus up to Mijas [either get the bus or take a taxi - it is too far / hilly / busy to walk]. We returned to the hotel at about 22.00 and there was a flamenco display in progress near the pool - just as good as some of the expensive shows in Seville etc. Breakfast was good with hot items and pastries etc.
Ideal for a relaxing break, but a bit remote if you want to be in the thick of things.

2  Thank Niel-Wolverhampton

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,
Mónica G. Manager ILUNION MIJAS

Reviewed 24 September 2019 via mobile

I found this hotel on Expedia and thought it would make a perfect holiday destination for a relaxing break from city stress. The pictures on Expedia looked incredibly inviting and the price also was very accessible.
And it all holds up when you arrive: the outside looks nice and light, like and old ranch... and that’s where the good surprises end I’m afraid, and the bad begin. We were welcomed by a couple of incredibly lovely and welcoming check in hostesses who went so far and beyond to try and cover the hotel’s faults but there was no chance. The first room we were assigned was crammed with furniture and situated at the ground floor, meaning the window was small and gated with a metal bars construction. This meant it was incredibly dark (Andalucía???). Yet we could see all the dirt that had been left behind and the damaged state the room was in. We literally ran to reception and explained. The two ladies managed to find a room, this time on the top floor: the situation was exactly the same (run down and dirty) although this time we had a balcony (not big enough to hang out but at least to let some air in). The state of the room was a deja-vu: the cheap floor boards completely eaten by humidity, clusters of hair scattered around the room, damp spots even within the shower cubicle... a true disaster. So much so we had to grab a spare towel and cleaned the floor ourselves or it would be impossible to walk around bare foot. But the surprises were not over yet. At the check in I specifically asked them if the bar was open in the morning for a coffee and I was told it was. Well, first morning comes and I go straight for my coffee: the bar is closed and doesn’t open till the ‘restaurant’ closes (that is when people finish their breakfast). Mind you: the bar is literally two meters away from the restaurant and if they really knew how to manage the facilities they could definitely send someone to quickly make a coffee. Instead (although the restaurant was empty) I was told my only chance was to make myself a coffee from one of those automatic machines at the entrance of the restaurant. I thought I’d be flexible and did as I was told: the coffee looked like dirty water and the machine is so far from being measured nor programmed that the amount of ‘coffee’ started to overflow the cup I had placed underneath the nozzle. And I was ready to pay for it. But the deal breaker was the grey haired cocky ‘head waiter’ who literally started a discussion with me trying to defend his ‘all natural’ coffee. I simply told him he might want to tone it down and try to show some respect towards his customers. At that point I had to leave the cup on the table and left the room.
I thought I would go and relax in the ‘spa’: once you get in, it looks nice... then realised the steam room is broken, the sauna is switched off (most probably broken too) and the small pool is filled with sand in the corners, chewed chewing gum stuck to the wall, used finger plasters equally sported on the wall...
And this is only the second day.
What a disgrace!
Expedia should be careful misleading its customers:this is clearly false advertising and it is not acceptable!
The quality of this establishment is far from being the one sold to us, same thing for its category.
My only comfort comes from the fact I won’t spend much in here: I came to go to the beach and I guess that’s all I’ll do.
As far away from this place as possible, spending just the right amount of time to sleep (worst bed ever for a hotel this category) and take a shower (you can check the picture, I’m not joking it’s still the plastic handle from the 1950’s).
I’m pretty sure the surprises will keep coming but about one thing I’m sure: NEVER AGAIN I WILL PUT MY FOOT IN HERE!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
DIRECTORAHOTELES, Gerente at ILUNION Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2019

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to express our sincere apologies. I am disappointed to read that we had not met your expectations on this occasion. I assure you that we will work harder to offer the best service possible. It would be very nice if you could contact me in my mail: mgimeno@ilunionhotels.com in order to have the posibility to contact you. We are most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information and help us monitor the service we provide. Kind regards, Mónica G. Manager Hotel