See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I had made a reservation and paid by credit card a few days in advance. It was accepted and I made my travel arrangements. The next day I get a message from Hotels.com saying that my credit card couldn't be verified by the owner and he cancelled my booking. I wanted to rebook and the price was double. So obviously the owner got a better deal and just cancelled my booking! Really bad practice and he should not be running a B&B!!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Villa Adria is NOT located in Mijas but in Mijas Costa which is behind Fuengirola towards La Cala de Mijas. The property was once a large private villa but has been easily converted into a B & B. It is located towards the top of a hill in a residential area with large and well stocked gardens. It is very peaceful and away from the hussle and bussle of the Costas. Jerome and his wife are always on hand to give service and advice.
You do need a car here as the nearest shops/restaurants are a good 15-20 minutes walk away. We had very large family room with adjoining walk-in wardrobes and large bathroom. The cost was very reasonable and we would not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

A few months a go we booked Villa Adria
This week we got a email that out creditcard was invalide from Villa Adria
We try to contact them but no response, telefoon and mail.
Then we contact Booking.com they also try to contact Villa Adria, and no response
The next day we recieve a mail from Villa Adria that out Booking was canceled.

Don't book this B&B

Room Tip: Don't book this B&B
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marle267
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I booked this B&B for my brother and his friend through Booking.com from 14-18 August.
Nice people to deal with at first..giving me advise on distance from train station, distance & what they would charge to take my brother and his friend to a wedding at La Cala resort etc.
Last week I received a message from booking.com stating that the credit card I used to secure the booking "is invalid".
I immediately contacted my bank who confirmed that my card is completely valid for use in Ireland & abroad.
I contacted booking.com who unsuccessfully tried to phone the proprietors to rectify the problem and they also sent an e-mail asking them to reinstate the booking.
The same day I received an e-mail stating that B&B Villa Adria had cancelled the booking.
I tried calling the proprietors at least 6 times and I also e-mailed them twice asking them to contact me as I could use another card to reconfirm the booking.
They did not have the decency to respond to my e-mails (or answer my phone calls) with the result that my brother & his friend have been left without accommodation with only 3 weeks to go before arrival.
I really would not recommend dealing with this B&B because of their unbelievably bad customer service and I honestly believe that they were offered a better rate and just decided to cancel by brothers booking using the excuse that my credit card "is invalid"

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank DeclanC186605
Reviewed 14 May 2017

this is a quirky set up, its a room within a large villa on an urbanisation
You get a relaxed, decent breakfast and there's a garden you can sit out in.
But its more remote than you might think - you need a car. Don't be deceived, its 10 mins walk to local restos & bar, supermarket AND taxi rank. Its 15 mins walk to where you might get a bus & 50 mins to the beach ( I know I did it to get a hire car !)
it's very reasonably priced

Room Tip: all rooms the same as they are all part of a former large villa
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple