All reviews rooms are small casa da one night stay small tv nice stay hotel is situated the river porto centre yogurt minute walk visiting porto stay there again the hotel staff sleep shower internet bed
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Nice cheap hotel with really nice staff. Rooms are small but tidy, with a shower corner. Breakfast are simple, but enough for starting good day. If you are hungry later in day, you can use wending machine with food and warm it in microwave.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sérgio B, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Martin
Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia. I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Realizing after I had booked and prepaid for a 5 night stay that this hotel was not where I thought it was as I had got the bridges mixed up – not just across the river and a short walk from the historic city centre, I was anxious about the suitability of the chosen accommodation for visiting Porto for leisure purposes.
Although our internet sites gave us slightly erroneous information, necessitating a river crossing by convenient ferry ( in hindsight a great / different way to arrive at a hotel) followed by hauling our bags up a steep hill for 15 minutes, the location of the hotel had its benefits.
One could reach the city centre by bus – the bus stop a 10 walk from hotel or a better option was by hotel organized taxi service at a cost of Euro 5 However, our preferred choice was a pleasant 40 min stroll along the river bank walkway where we were stimulated by the never ending changing scenery. In the opposite direction with a 15 min walk we could reach a huge shopping centre open to midnight and with many great choices for eating inexpensively. We discovered a great traditional fishing village with wonderful seafood restaurants serving Portuguese specialties and a small bakery with local Portuguese tartes and pastries and with tasty coffee for 0.80 cents euro down that hill and a 10 min walk from our Ibis Budget hotel that served the most bitter coffee that we ‘enjoyed’ on our travels in our 2 months in Europe.
Perhaps the benefit the most was its quiet location – a peaceful sanctuary away from the tourist crowds in central Porto.
Breakfast at the hotel other than the coffee was good value. Check-in was prompt and with- out fuss. Our room was clean, comfortable and better than some Ibis branded hotels. Bathroom was generous size for Ibis budget. The bed most comfortable. The reception staff were always helpful, approachable , friendly and informative and deserve special praise. We always felt that we were welcome guests. Overall, the price we paid was excellent value and I will be recommending to some friends to stay there when they too visit Porto later this year.
But the coffee…………..perhaps it was’ Portuguese’ coffee??

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Sérgio B, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Sir or Madame

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I like some hotels from Accor because I know what I will get if I book a Novotel, Mercure, Ibis or Ibis Budget, but the Ibis Budget in Gaia, Porto, highly exceeded my expectations.

The staff were very helpful, polite and always with a smile on the face, which nowadays not always you feel that people care for the customers, some people simply work but the staff in this hotel has such a positive vibration which made me put 5 stars in this review.

The hotel is very functional, rooms might be small if you look for a very long stay, but it has everything you need, a great bed, very good shower, very good internet connection and the best cost vs. benefit breakfast I’ve seem in all my trips around Europe, the breakfast was 3,90 euro per person and I was quite happy with what they offered.

If I will be back in Porto I will definitely stay there again, and honestly I am the kind of difficult customer, you can check my other multiple reviews and I barely give 5 stars, but that Ibis Budget deserves it for a budget hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sérgio B, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Ivo Lucio,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Porto Gaia.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night, we chose this hotel because of price, good parking and location to Porto and motorway. We travelled by car which is ideal.Staff at reception were helpfull and accommodating. Breakfast was reaaonable for the price. The views from the front are nice. Shower was a bit weak amount of pressure. Feedback is as follows: bed was the best so far and no safe was available in the room. The room was very stuffy even with aircon on.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sérgio B, Gerente at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your coments and for taking time to write a review about your stay in hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia. We treat all of our comments seriously and will be dealt with accordingly. Our goal is to improve our services in order to get your satisfaction. Concerning the safe issue, we have safes available at reception, free of charge, at you disposal.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sílvia Bastos
A.M.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Sérgio B, Gerente de recepção at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018