“Be ready to be surprised”

Granby Bistro & Deli
Ranked #107 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is located in downtown Norfolk in you have to look hard.The title is deceiving,it’s a deli and has great sandwiches but the gem is the Lebanese dishes.The hummus is outstanding but then all I f the he Mediterranean dishes there are.order a sampler if you are not sure but you will come back.Best Mediterranean food in tidewater and the owner is from the middle east

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place had great reviews but did not live up to it’s reputation. Realize this is a single data point. The manager came by and was interested in people’s satisfaction. I believed him.

Nevertheless the wait staff could not turn off the overhead fan to make it more comfortable for our group.

I had a tuna fish sandwich but it was dry and the bread was too toasted. For my taste it had too little mayo. Some of the others liked their sandwich. The wait staffer told us there was no chicken or egg salad sandwiches listed on the menu.

I would still go again but I won’t hurry.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

On a recent visit to downtown Norfolk we popped in this place for a quick lunch. What a mistake!! Greeted by all staff sitting at guest tables and told to sit where we wanted. It's a small place and surprisingly no other guests which should have been a clue. There literally wasn't a clean table and when we picked the least dirty one the girl finally got up and sprayed windex basically on us and left us with a wet glass cleaner smell. Asked us what we wanted to drink and when I said a tea, she said "I might have some but definitely no refills available. Is there a problem with Brewing more??? You are a restaurant at noontime and no other patrons to even serve. Major red flag! My buddy asked what type of beer she had and she literally pointed to a cooler and expected him to figure it out. We knew immediately we would not be ordering food as the cook was on his tablet hanging out in the dining area. This along with a dirty restaurant, rudeness and whatever attitude was a little jaw dropping.

We told the waitress we were just having a drink her response was "whatever I'm only here another hour ".

Worst experience in a long time!! If you could do zero stars that's what I would give them.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Had a quick lunch after touring some Norfolk attractions. Convenient location. Used my phone to check the menu and easily navigate to the place. It served the normal menu items we were looking for.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 17 June 2017

The Granby Bistro and Deli was recommended to us for lunch, so off we went. I had the chicken salad sandwich,which was pretty standard, but my companion's chicken kebab with rice and veggies was really good. They also have fresh squeezed lemonade, which was welcome on a very hot day.wThe service was great and se had a lovely chat with our waitress,

Date of visit: June 2017