“Reliably good food”

Golden Restaurant Family Pizzeria
Ranked #286 of 829 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We have been going here for years. The best gyros in the area, very good, but standard pizza (teenagers love it), and a big variety of platters - lasagna, etc. Hood salads too. It's simple, good comfort food that is cheap. Eating there is great for people watching, not the ambiance (listen for the eastern European accents). Or, take out/get delivery like most of the customers.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

The chicken parmesan was fresh and delicious! I wish I had this recipe. The sauce was flavorFUL! The hot wings had a nice hot spice but not overwhelming. The free side salad from the chicken parmesan was fresh, crisp and filled up a dinner plate from a small little box. I look forward to many more meals at this dive. I can't believe I didn't try this place sooner! Yum!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Our neighbors told us about this place and they gave us an extra take-out menu. They had the burgers and said they were great. I can't comment on the burgers, but we ordered a pizza and wings and I have to say, I was not disappointed. It was a perfect crust, toppings, sauce, and cheese. The wings were just okay, not the best I've ever had. What I really like is that they have such a good range of items. Next might be a Philly cheese steak. Oh and we are within the delivery route...only about 40 mins.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

We kept getting this flyer for G.P. in the mail and decided to finally try it. BIG MISTAKE. My husband and I ordered naked wing (hard), 2 steak subs (dry and unmelted cheese), and broccoli bites...36 plus dollars worth of food!! Don't mind paying for quality but there wasn't any! But the customer service was the worst. Never met a lady like this. The older lady at the register acted like it was a crime to ask questions. She was just rude...somewhat ignorant in attitude. We'll never bless our food from here again.

Reviewed 17 December 2014

I get food delivered from this restaurant frequently. My favorites are the Greek Salad, the Chef's Salad, the Baked Ziti and the Buffalo Wings (which are cooked well but not overly dry). This is a good local non-chain place for comfort food and they deliver quickly.