“PEEFECT PIZZA NEXT TO A GREAT BEER SPOT (THE BIRCH)”

The Bakehouse at Chelsea
Ranked #55 of 803 Restaurants in Norfolk
Description: Wood fired organic pizza, bread, pastries and sandwiches. Open 7 days a week. Special orders available.
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This review is for The Bakehouse and The Birch and I have posted the same review for both establishments.

For me, New York City pizza or true Neapolitan AVPN (Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana) pizzas are the best. But the pizza at The Bakehouse was a very close and very delicious. The crust was thin and crispy like AVPN pizza and delicious on its own. But the star of the evening was the white pizza with baby spinach. The spinach absorbed to oil from the cheese and this pizza took on a life of its own. One of the best pizzas I have ever had. Plus, to make things even better, a well known craft beer pub, The Birch, is right next door. The Bakehouse will deliver pizza to you at The Birch. The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Birch can help you select perfect beers to complement your pizza. They have a wide variety of draft and bottled beers from craft breweries around the world. And if you don't want pizza from the Bakehouse, The Birch has their own menu of items, all of which sounded delicious. A great doubleheader of cooperating establishments which clearly realize they are greater than the sum of their parts. Both are excellent. Don't miss these gems.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I had seen a lot of posts on Facebook about The Bakehouse at Chelsea. I just so happened to be in Norfolk to visit another store and so I decided to explore my GPS for the address to this local bake house. Thank God I had my GPS because it was a little difficult to locate this hidden off the beaten path. Upon exiting my vehicle in the parking area I could smell the wood fire scent wafting thru the air. My senses immediately drew me in. Upon entering the shop, the baker was very busy baking on a early Saturday afternoon. The menu listed many gourmet pizzas to baked in their authentic wood fire ovens. I chose to purchase a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. I requested my bread to be sliced which the baker said that was not possible with no real reason as to why. This was the only disappointing aspect of my visit. Slicing my bread at home turned out to be disasterous. Maybe next time I'll opt to get one of those yummy sounding pizzas.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The Bakehouse makes fantastic pizzas...good for takeout and their fresh baked breads and pastries are fantastic!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Great pizza, with unique topping combinations and that crispy wood fired crust; however my husband thought a little to charred. Baked goods and coffee is a delicious way to finish off your meal

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful ham & cheese scones. Coffee & a warm scone, yum! Their other breads look and smell great. Worth a try!