“Wonderful food and wine.”
Review of Green Onion

Green Onion
Ranked #77 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Went here with family after my Dad died. It was really a special night. Although it was under sad circumstances we really relished the time together and greatly enjoyed the food and wine. The menu catered to a wide variety of ages and food needs aka vegetarians, meat lovers, vegetarians and picky eaters. Everyone absolutely loved their food. The wine flowed freely and we all savoured it. It was such a memorial evening that turned a sad event into an appropriately memorable and rare occasion we all cherished.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

What a great experience! My lady friend had been to the Green Onion for lunch and dinner, and been quite pleased. But the brunch exceeded our high expectations. Our waiter was as good as they come. Bloody Mary's perfect. My lady had waffles and I enjoyed the corned beef hash.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of popping into the Green Onion for lunch.
My server was Adele, she was personable, smiling and gave me great advice! I was hurrying, always a mistake when great food is involved, but the mellow music and calming vibe slowed me down. I had a wonderful creamy she crab soup, the presentation was gorgeous- and I love the sheer quantity of crab in my soup. They use a bit of sherry in the soup, this is a new (to me) twist and I felt it really gave a delightful lightness to it. Then I had my own personal debate, lobster salad roll or arrugla beet salad. I had the lighter salad. With walnuts and a goat cheese vinaigrette- q bueno! Absolutely scrumptious! So, by now I'm simply totally relaxed and decide I'll just go all in and order a strawberry bread pudding and coffee. I have no regrets! Great coffee, served in a french press at my table. And the pudding was really good. Heavy, as one expects a bread pudding, hot, soft, I have never liked raisins in bread pudding. Strawberries are the trick! OMG.
All I can say now is, I cant wait to go back! I must try that Lobster roll! Given the superior quality of my meal and the amazingly calming ambience, I'll certainly do it soon!
And I ordered and ate all of this in a regular lunch hour time frame! Yay!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I enjoyed brunch at the Green Onion while visiting a friend in Norfolk. Sunday brunch can sometimes be disappointing, but not so at Green Onion. My eggs benedict were some of the best I've had in a restaurant in years. The poached eggs were perfect as was the hollandaise and the thinly sliced ham. My friend's pancakes (two very generous large cakes) were light and delicious with mixed berries. My benedict was served with a very generous serving of hot pommes frites - thin, crispy and perfectly seasoned. The French press coffee was excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. The ambiance at the Green Onion is perfect for Sunday brunch - low key yet with the a nice energy to get late Sunday morning off on the right foot. This was a very enjoyable brunch. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Three of us had a late lunch at the Green Onion and enjoyed our visit. The waiter was very friendly and spent time chatting with us. The restaurant had a nice sitting area with sofas in addition to the dining tables. My Salade Niciose included a large piece of grilled Ahi tuna and was very good. My husband enjoyed his she crab soup but thought it needed more crab. His brother enjoyed the fried oysters.