“Loveliest of lunches”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of popping into the Green Onion for lunch.
My server was Adele, she was personable, smiling and gave me great advice! I was hurrying, always a mistake when great food is involved, but the mellow music and calming vibe slowed me down. I had a wonderful creamy she crab soup, the presentation was gorgeous- and I love the sheer quantity of crab in my soup. They use a bit of sherry in the soup, this is a new (to me) twist and I felt it really gave a delightful lightness to it. Then I had my own personal debate, lobster salad roll or arrugla beet salad. I had the lighter salad. With walnuts and a goat cheese vinaigrette- q bueno! Absolutely scrumptious! So, by now I'm simply totally relaxed and decide I'll just go all in and order a strawberry bread pudding and coffee. I have no regrets! Great coffee, served in a french press at my table. And the pudding was really good. Heavy, as one expects a bread pudding, hot, soft, I have never liked raisins in bread pudding. Strawberries are the trick! OMG.
All I can say now is, I cant wait to go back! I must try that Lobster roll! Given the superior quality of my meal and the amazingly calming ambience, I'll certainly do it soon!
And I ordered and ate all of this in a regular lunch hour time frame! Yay!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I enjoyed brunch at the Green Onion while visiting a friend in Norfolk. Sunday brunch can sometimes be disappointing, but not so at Green Onion. My eggs benedict were some of the best I've had in a restaurant in years. The poached eggs were perfect as was the hollandaise and the thinly sliced ham. My friend's pancakes (two very generous large cakes) were light and delicious with mixed berries. My benedict was served with a very generous serving of hot pommes frites - thin, crispy and perfectly seasoned. The French press coffee was excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. The ambiance at the Green Onion is perfect for Sunday brunch - low key yet with the a nice energy to get late Sunday morning off on the right foot. This was a very enjoyable brunch. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Three of us had a late lunch at the Green Onion and enjoyed our visit. The waiter was very friendly and spent time chatting with us. The restaurant had a nice sitting area with sofas in addition to the dining tables. My Salade Niciose included a large piece of grilled Ahi tuna and was very good. My husband enjoyed his she crab soup but thought it needed more crab. His brother enjoyed the fried oysters.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining on a busy street. Parking is not the best - I parked in the rear of the building where the spaces are controlled by pay meters (but free after 8pm). I ordered a cup of the She Crab soup which was missing the "sherry". However, the meal quickly redeemed my vote of excellence. I ordered a side of sautéed spinach and lobster rolls which comes with the world's best (thinly sliced) French fries. The portions were generous. No room for dessert. The waitress was quite attentive. The perfect atmosphere for gathering with friends/family or a nice, quiet conversation. There is seating at the bar area as well. The place is very clean and open. Even though the square footage is quaint, the dinner tables are configured in a way that opens the room up and it does not feel crowded. Without alcohol, dinner with water (for two) was around $75.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a great place to hangout if you love wine and cheese. And remember, French food is not that appetizing like Italian!