“Enjoyed the food, staff, and ambience”
Review of Green Onion

Green Onion
Ranked #74 of 829 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Three of us had a late lunch at the Green Onion and enjoyed our visit. The waiter was very friendly and spent time chatting with us. The restaurant had a nice sitting area with sofas in addition to the dining tables. My Salade Niciose included a large piece of grilled Ahi tuna and was very good. My husband enjoyed his she crab soup but thought it needed more crab. His brother enjoyed the fried oysters.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining on a busy street. Parking is not the best - I parked in the rear of the building where the spaces are controlled by pay meters (but free after 8pm). I ordered a cup of the She Crab soup which was missing the "sherry". However, the meal quickly redeemed my vote of excellence. I ordered a side of sautéed spinach and lobster rolls which comes with the world's best (thinly sliced) French fries. The portions were generous. No room for dessert. The waitress was quite attentive. The perfect atmosphere for gathering with friends/family or a nice, quiet conversation. There is seating at the bar area as well. The place is very clean and open. Even though the square footage is quaint, the dinner tables are configured in a way that opens the room up and it does not feel crowded. Without alcohol, dinner with water (for two) was around $75.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a great place to hangout if you love wine and cheese. And remember, French food is not that appetizing like Italian!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I had the Lobster (Lobstah) rolls..........freshly made lobster salad in a lightly toasted bun.........so YUMMMMMMMMMY!! Not a big variety menu, but really good!!! Great service, too!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I came here as part of a French language meetup to practice my French. The restaurant offers a discounted and special menu for the group and I enjoyed my pasta dish and the side I had. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and the food were great. Be aware the the regular menu is good as well but the prices were higher and many would consider the place pricey but it is a fine dining establishment so this is to be expected. The portions are reasonable for the price. Therefore, if you plan to come, expect to spend a lot of money.