“Yummy - Good food choice for dinner”
Review of Green Onion

Green Onion
Ranked #75 of 804 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining on a busy street. Parking is not the best - I parked in the rear of the building where the spaces are controlled by pay meters (but free after 8pm). I ordered a cup of the She Crab soup which was missing the "sherry". However, the meal quickly redeemed my vote of excellence. I ordered a side of sautéed spinach and lobster rolls which comes with the world's best (thinly sliced) French fries. The portions were generous. No room for dessert. The waitress was quite attentive. The perfect atmosphere for gathering with friends/family or a nice, quiet conversation. There is seating at the bar area as well. The place is very clean and open. Even though the square footage is quaint, the dinner tables are configured in a way that opens the room up and it does not feel crowded. Without alcohol, dinner with water (for two) was around $75.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a great place to hangout if you love wine and cheese. And remember, French food is not that appetizing like Italian!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I had the Lobster (Lobstah) rolls..........freshly made lobster salad in a lightly toasted bun.........so YUMMMMMMMMMY!! Not a big variety menu, but really good!!! Great service, too!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I came here as part of a French language meetup to practice my French. The restaurant offers a discounted and special menu for the group and I enjoyed my pasta dish and the side I had. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and the food were great. Be aware the the regular menu is good as well but the prices were higher and many would consider the place pricey but it is a fine dining establishment so this is to be expected. The portions are reasonable for the price. Therefore, if you plan to come, expect to spend a lot of money.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This restaurant can be pricey but we have never had a bad meal hear and it was always imaginative. We arrived just as the rain started so none of the outdoor seating would have been appropriate. There were just a couple of others dining when we came in. They ate and drank at the bar.

We were not in a hurry as a group of four dining here on a cold evening in March. But it seemed quite fast unlike some other visits. The server and host were both friendly, warm, and competent. Food came out quickly. The homemade bread loaf was wonderful although I did not try their onion butter. The women decided to make a meal mostly of many interesting and tasty side dishes. My sister in law had an unusual lobster dish that presented itself as a quiche. My brother in law had pecan-encrusted salmon that was quite tasty and juicy even when ordered well done. It came with greens and a lot of potatoes. I had a chicken dish that was delicious with a healthy batch of collard greens and garlic mashed potatoes. All of us raved about the Brussel Sprouts dish that included a large bowl with diced sprouts, and sweet potatoes.The desserts were two of the four different kinds of creme brûlée; we had the peach and chocolate selections. I did not care for the crust of the chocolate brûlée because it was salty. My wife enjoyed it anyway. She considered it to be something akin to salted caramel. The waiter removed it from our bill regardless. All of us were satisfied but both women agreed that just the bowl of brussel sprouts and dessert would have been sufficient. The presentation of all the food from salad to dessert was excellent.

We found parking easy enough behind the restaurant but it was crowded and few spaces appeared available.

The decor was very pleasant and including a grouping of sofas and overstuffed chairs. Would have liked a fireplace or wood stove.