“French Deli Dive!”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Dive is not a world that I would normally use to describe French restaurants in the United States but this one is a total dive. I walked into a bunch of men sitting around a table. The man said: “How hungry are you? I guess the whole point of that was to determine how big of a sandwich to make me. There is a menu but he said pastrami and I just went with it

Reviewed 17 March 2018

They have the best pastrami sandwich in the world. get the medium , the small is almost the same price. Bakery items are good but very expensive . We have been going there for 40 years. If the owner pushes any baked goods ask for the price before hand, or a free sample.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Yum!! A little pricey but no additives and you can taste it . Chocolate cake was delicious and the croissants too. Espresso was fabulous . And the rose petal mousse may not be for everyone but it was fresh and unique and tasty

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Fast talkin' owner....gets you off guard....and then goes "in for the kill." I swear. I went in to buy some "thank you" treats for my doctors office staff. He took me in the back room for a "taste" of his éclair filling, all the while dazzling me while rattling off prices. Well, how much could 8 chocolate éclairs be, right????????????? In a local bakery, right??????? Try $59.00 for 8 éclairs. I don't care HOW FRESH the cream filling is that you MADE me taste, or how fresh they are, how wonderful, blah, blah, blah.... The guy is a thief and he sees you coming. He put the éclairs in a box, and I also had him put some biscotti in a bag. He proceeded to ring up the 8 (count 'em 8) éclairs and I asked him how much. He said $58. plus. I then said that's too much, and he started raising his voice to me-----I just wanted outta there. I told him to put the biscotti back, I took my eight $59.00 éclairs and left. I know, I know, readers, I should have just walked out without them. This guy is a master at bamboozling.....that is why I'm just saying, RUN!!!!!!! "My bad" for not being more assertive and fighting fire with fire. But you don't expect this crap in a little local bakery. Ever.

1  Thank PBA1117
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Expectations were low when I walked in, hoping the production of a solid baguette would offset deficiencies notes in other reviews. The other bad reviews are spot on...no need for me to repeat.

I went with what they pushed, the pastrami with an orange donut for dessert. The pastrami was ok, but not worth the fortune they charged.

The most disappointment was in the notion that they had anything in common with a French bakery or anything French at all. The baguette wasn't close to any I've had in a lifetime of seeking baguettes worth the carb intake, I mean in a bad way.

This place should sell or shutdown. It already looks like they closed for business, perhaps they should follow through or at least clean the place. There are so many places in Norfolk that are unique and absolutely nail it...I am not sure what the point is to this place's continuation.

Service. Sure. But it's more Soviet style. I hate it when the customer says thank you on the way out with no acknowledgement from the people who just gouged you.

2  Thank OntheRoadwithJoe