“Good but could be better”
Review of Orapax

Orapax
Ranked #41 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

First visit tonight. We were told it was the grand opening of new addition to restaurant and also 50 year anniversary.
First thing I noticed is that the music playing in the dining room was like club music and the demographics of the diners were families and mid forties or older. Definitely not fit for the people that were dining or the overall feel of the dining room. Our waitress was not very good. She forgot we ordered drinks and seemed kinda scattered with her thoughts and very hyper. Aside from the music and our goofy waitress the food was very good. I had moussaka which was a first for me and I enjoyed it. Everyone else in our party got the Greek platter and that was very good. No complaints about the food. However our waitress should have noticed that two of the three Greek platters were missing feta! Her excuse was that the kitchen was really busy.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My friend and I went here after going to the museum. The playset everything The place had everything one would hope for: clean and charming atmosphere, friendly personnel, reasonable prices, and of course delicious food. It's so nice to find a Greek restaurant in the city of Norfolk. I used to think the only way to get good Greek food was either to wait for the Greek Fest, or mary a Greek woman!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Food was plentiful and delish. Reasonable price cozy neighborhood atmosphere. I had the shishkabob so tender and love the sauce you can pour over it as well
Salad with house dressing left me licking the plate and the home made bread with sauce oh yes heavenly
To top this great meal off the waiter ran out to the car when we left as I had left my boxed leftovers on the table Now that is great customer service
Hidden gem. This restaurant has been around for over 50 years and it still sparkles

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is a great Greek restaurant with an attentive staff and superb kitchen. They have just completed an extensive remodeling and look terrific. For lunch I had a small Greek salad and 6 in Pizza. Perfect.
Try them out soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Some in our party thought the pasta bowl had way too much garlic; the other said that would be impossible. The portions were small. But it was relatively inexpensive.

I had salmon with creamy dill sauce. It was a decent portion. The salmon was better than average. The brown rice was excellent. The dill sauce was quite good. The vegetables were appreciated but arrived luke warm.

The final member of our party had a personal pizza with gyro meat. He needed help from his wife to finish the pie. She thought it had too much cheese. I thought "is that even possible." He enjoyed the meal and expects the meat was lamb. We all prefer thin crust. Our server offered thin crust but only in gluten free version.

The server was friendly.

The parking was adequate and much improved. The new Orapax is a great addition to trendy Chelsea in Norfolk.

The dining room is much improved bright and airy. It's windows appear as a stage for the Chelsea street-action. The open air seating is well done and features a beautifully lighted modern bar. The greeter really made you feel welcomed.