All reviews norfolk airport would stay here again room was large great customer service parking lot shuttle inns walmart
Reviewed 19 February 2016

The property is a little shop worn but everything worked and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The wireless worked very well, was stable and easy to connect to. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

I ate dinner and breakfast there. The food was hearty and tasted good and the drinks well made. The wait staff was eager to please.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
April M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

April M

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I requested a King Suite the night before I flew out. I like this hotel because I can leave my car and catch the shuttle back when I return. First thing I noticed was the sliding doors for the closet. One didn't slide and the other was inside the closet leaning against the hangers. No problem, I put them back on their tracks. However, I was wondering why housekeeping didn't report that. The room has a bedroom and a sitting room. In the sitting room the TV didn't work. I thought it was the remote control (which it may still be), but I tried to turn the TV on by the buttons on the side if the flat screen. That didn't work either. No problem, we had a TV in the bedroom and that worked fine. In the bedroom there was no place to put our suit cases to unpack what we needed. No problem, we thru the suit cases on the bed and then back on the floor. We were surprised the bedroom didn't have a chair to sit in. No problem, we had the sitting room, which was really over crowded with furniture. I then realized someone had taken the chair out of the bed room and placed it in the sitting room. Again I was surprised housekeeping didn't correct the issue. While taking a shower I notice hair on the side of the tub which made me wonder if this was even cleaned. But then I decided it was because the same cloth/sponge or whatever they used to wipe down the bath tub had hair on it because hair was on the walls and ceiling by the light. My wife didn't like the fact there was no exhaust in the bathroom, so the mirrors were fogged up. No problem, we just left the door open to dry out the bathroom. The reason it got 3 stars was because the front desk was great, the restaurant seemed to be better than the last time I was there, and the shuttle driver was helpful and courteous.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
April M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Please feel free to contact me at April.Mackey@shaminhotels.com so I can provide additional assistance

Reviewed 24 January 2016

The customer service by some of the staff was outstanding. But others were rude and acted like they were doing you some favor. One in particular addressed herself as a manager. The hotel was cosmetically clean. I had a room that obviously had structural problems above it. every time the guest above me took a shower it flooded my bathroom. I was told they were too booked and could not change my room. On the first occasion a gentleman from the staff came and attempted to address the issue. after that each time it happened I was handed extra towels. The women who stated she was one of the managers would giggle.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
April M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

Stayed at this Holiday Inn over last week and was TAKEN BACK by the service that was both friendly and professional! The hotel was clean, modern, and my room was absolutely flawless.

Large room space had a king size bed, wet bar with a frig and micro-wave. This is a big improvement from when I stayed there back in 2009. The rooms were small and tight.

For location you cannot ask for anything better as it off the interstate and 5min from the airport, 15min from any military base and 30min to the beach with traffic.

Room tip: High floors facing the lake.
Date of stay: January 2016

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Shuttle service and a pretty good little restaurant in the lobby. Crab cakes and a cab after a long day of air travel made the bed even more comfortable. Solid choice when needing to stay at the airport.

Date of stay: December 2015