“One of the top Beer Bars in the Nation”
Review of The Birch

The Birch
Ranked #71 of 829 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We are a beer bar located in the West Ghent neighborhood of Norfolk, Virginia. The Birch has a 21 tap selection, 100+ bottles, and growlers to go. Our entire menu is available to-go, including bottled beer. the fare includes cheese boards,grilled cheeses, and delicious bar snacks.
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This is one of my go-to places for a beer that is made to enjoy. All the beers are unique and come from all over the US (and the world). The atmosphere is cozy and it's easy to just have a beer and conversation. This trip was just to have a couple of stouts on a cold day and nibble on a grilled cheese sandwich (which are varied and also unique). You should walk out of here feeling more relaxed that you came in!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

So, no dinner, but I am told they have gourmet snacks, if hungry, order a fantastic pizza from neighboring "The Bakehouse" and they deliver over to you. This place is known for its local micro brews, had maybe the best stout I have ever had there. Pricey, but you are not buying bud drafts

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I didn't know what to expect, but I was told The Birch had a great selection of beers. I was pleasantly surprised that the staff was very knowledgable on all aspects of the beers they served. I had a great beer ( well a few), and the food was very good and complimented the beer I was drinking. I will definitely recommend The Birch if you are a beer lover.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived about 1hr and 1/2 before closing! A gentlemen at exception-ale told me this was a must stop! When I arrived, there were 4 people outside and 3 gentlemen inside and two bartenders. They have a huge selection located on a chalk board wall! I wasn't sure what I wanted but made a selection! The bartender didn't seem to be to chatty, which wasn't such a terrible thing but a little enthusiasm would have been nice! But then again it was late! I ordered my brew, and sat and enjoyed! The ambiance was nice and the music was pleasing! I left shortly after finishing my beverage! My experience wasn't bad, but I feel it could have been better by having bartender with selection advice!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly and cozy environment. My friends and I had drinks along with a meat and cheese platter. Everything was great. The staff are very nice.