“Delicious food, reasonably priced in an unassuming area”

Istanbul Gyro & Kebab
Ranked #98 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Description: Turkish and Greek food, Mediterranean cuisine
Description: Turkish and Greek food, Mediterranean cuisine
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Before a show at Push Comedy, our friends suggested this restaurant. Easy walk from NEON district (Norfolk's new ARTS district) to this stand alone humble building next to the Greyhound Bus Station. That being said, this will be our go-to before events at Chrysler Hall and Scope. It was THAT good - 'best gyro' says my husband and we've frequented most Mediterranean places in Norfolk...

Gyros, Gyro platter, hummus, Chicken kebabs and baklava was ordered. The turkey and lamb meat off spit was quickly grilled and super flavorful. With the platter I ordered a Greek salad and pita bread. I ordered a side of hummus which was delicious but not as creamy as I prefer. Salad had more of an oil and vinegar dressing but had plenty of feta cheese to overlook the dressing. Baklava was made on site and worthy of a repeat.

Restaurant has a handful of booths, manager/owner (?) came by and answered our questions and several people stopped in for take out. Small parking lot in back as there is no street parking that close to Brambleton.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Been looking since we came back to Virginia 12 years ago. Used to eat at the gyro place at waterside 20 years ago. Found this place and decided to try it. Went in 30 minutes before closing. Was greeted and invited to sit. The food was delicious. Ordered off the sides for the kids. Everyone loved their food. Gyros, kabobs and the mixed kabob. Even ordered baclava and rice pudding for the family to try. The only issue we had was the soup was only warm, not hot. They reheated it for us. We will for sure be going back. What I love is that I can place an order and pick up to go. Healthier eating on the go!! Super excited to have great gyros again!!

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I eat here every weekend .... I never tire of the flavorful food choices, & it reminds me of the time I spent in Turkey. This is the real deal!! Haven't had a bad meal ever!!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

The food is really good with decent prices. The thing that I didn't like about this place was the cashier tried to over charge me, then when I confronted him about it he blamed it on being tired and saying they've been busy all day. My family and I were sitting close to the register and I paid no attention at first but there was this one party who left their table at separate times and offered to pay their own portion of the check, the first guy was charged around 20 dollars, so was the second. Finally the last person got up to pay her side of the check, her charge was 49 dollars or something like that, she asked if the other two had paid and the cashier said no.(Again i wasnt really paying to much attention at the time or i would of let her know they did pay)So when I was going to pay he said my bill was 49 dollars, simple calculations for my actual order should of been 32 dollars plus tax. So I'm not sure if this is some sort of scam they as a whole are doing or the cashier is doing it behind their back. Either way something is not right. So If you decide to dine here make sure you know how much you should be paying.

Thank Nate1D .
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Don't let the outside looks fool you. It may seem like a hole in the wall place, but I've had several great meals here. The kebabs are off the chain! Great prices for the amount of food, and top notch service.