All reviewscinnamon rollskeurig coffee makerfront deskliving roomlove stayingturkey sausagegreat place to stayking suiteflat screen tvshopping and restaurantswater pressurepool and hot tubthe location is perfectwould definitely stay here againcomfortable roomvirginia beachexercise room
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I booked a 5,000 point IHG rate on the Internet. I received a confirmation that indicated I booked that rate. When I checked in, the front desk went beyond what they needed to know, and asked my company name. They didn’t need to know that information, except to try to sell to my company. Later, when checking my IHG account, I didn’t receive my 5,000 points. I called IHG and they said I “wasn’t eligible” because I “booked a company rate, not the 5,000 point rate.” This was in spite of me booking the 5,000 point rate, and having an email confirmation indicating that I did so. What the hotel did, to avoid crediting the points I earned…they changed the rate type when I checked in! The hotel blamed me for booking the rate online. I asked them how I was supposed to book, if not online, and they said I should have called the hotel directly. The hotel referred me to IHG. IHG referred me to the hotel. They play a game creating a circular loop that doesn't ever get resolved. I am a Spire Elite member and this is how this hotel treats its Spire Elite guests.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank JakeATL
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello,

I am very sorry for your experience and I do not advocate changing rate types after your reservation is made. Please email me directly at orfex@hmphotels.com so that I can make sure you earned all of the points you deserve as a Spire Elite guest. I will also research where the breakdown occurred in the system to make sure this type of situation does not occur in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Overall I had a nice stay. Unfortunately upon check-in, my first room shower wasn't properly cleaned, there were some stray hairs. I wasn't able to remedy this, but was immediately changed to a different room that was exactly the same. Unfortunately this shower too had some issues, but I was able to remedy that...I was ready for bed! The room was a spacious suite layout. Comfortable, nice Tv's. Overall clean, but there were a few areas that needed some upkeep, especially the tile. When I was looking at reviews I was curious about the green cast to the pics. This is accurate, they took the mermaid theme of Norfolk and ran with it. Everything is very blue/green nautical. I rather felt like I was in the ocean or a fish tank. It's not bad, but due to the color scheme can feel dated. You'll enjoy the large rooms and friendly staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll incorporate it into our on going training programs and upcoming renovation discussions.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Different Holiday Inn Express--artistic entry. Good hotel, and very comfortable. The only small negative was they had no map of the area. Very close to restaurants--Ruby Tuesday was right across the street.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie B

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our conventient location.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2018

The best part is that the hotel is 8 minutes from the airport. Be careful as the shuttle is only once an hour! The room was spacious with a whirlpool tub. Amenities very nice for a hotel of this level. Free breakfast with hot pancakes and a variety of eggs was tasty. The halls were somewhat smoky on my floor and very noisy on a Saturday night. I picked the hotel because it had a pool. When I went down at the 7am opening, it was just filthy--no clean towels, wet towels and garbage. Whirlpool looked like a toxic cesspool. Needless to say, I did not dare go in. I alerted the staff but this should have been handle prior to opening. I lost my window to swim.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank AKW52245

Hello,

I am sorry to learn that you did not love our hotel. I do appreciate your candid feedback and will make sure the management team addresses the noise and pool issues to minimize future issues.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

The Hotel is modern and clean. The Front desk clerk was friendly and courteous, the room was clean and the beds comfortable. The continental breakfast was also good, with a variety of items. The staff was also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Allyn K
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for the review. I am lucky to have a great staff to deliver great, clean hospitality to you.