All reviews cinnamon rolls keurig coffee maker front desk living room love staying turkey sausage great place to stay king suite flat screen tv shopping and restaurants water pressure pool and hot tub the location is perfect would definitely stay here again exercise room great room complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 15 February 2018

EThis Holiday Inn Express' quality and service is consistent with HIE's I've stayed at. The hotel does have a nice size indoor pool and hot tub. Gym equipment was sufficient. The complementary breakfast is also consistent with the brand, although I felt like it was lacking something, I was satisfied. I can't rate the location, as I was staying for work and didn't have time to explore. I did see a couple of dozen airline employees each morning, so it would be save to say this hotel is convenient to the airport.

The hotel staff is very polite and professional (spoke with evening and night front desk,housekeeping, and breakfast employees). The room size is quite generous (King suite). I've seen smaller NYC apartments. Living/desk area is clearly separate from the sleeping area. I failed to locate ANY USB ports to charge phones, etc, so bring your plug in adapter. WIFI performed well and did not have any issues.

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face the parking lot and should be a little quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ATrainRider
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello,

Great feedback. We are one of the few all suites hotels in Norfolk. Every suite has a distinct work/living space as well as a separate bedroom all while being very spacious. I am eagerly awaiting adding USB charging ports during our upcoming renovation,

Regards,

Phillip Modisett

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Decent hotel for the area, would not drive out of my way to stay here. Rooms were clean and well appointed, breakfast was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Hotel was understaffed, which seemed to effect the attitude of the two people we encountered. Needed a couple extra towels, went to front desk, had to wait about 8 minutes before someone noticed we were there. Only the ice machine on main floor was working, others were out of service.

Room Tip: Stay off of first floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JDeaux
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear JDeaux,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is nice to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms and found the hotel decent. However, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with the level of service received. Your comments are highly valuable to us and have already forwarded this to the hotel management as this will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great experience and very friendly staff. Chelsea was SO helpful and absolutely amazing. The rooms were very clean with super comfortable beds. Love the mermaid in the front foyer. Very convenient to stores food and airport.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I appreciate your feedback and am so glad to know that you enjoyed our hospitality.

Phillip Modisett

Reviewed 11 December 2017

The busy road facing room is quite noisy, and not just because of the traffic but because of a very loud heater/fan.There is little attention to detail - harsh fluorescent lights of haphazard temperature colors (whatever was on sale at Loews?), the gray floor carpet looks clean but feels oddly sticky, and there is no luggage rack (the front desk person said "they've been discontinued"). On the plus side, the wired internet is fast and the room appears to be clean overall. I wouldn't mind staying one night, but I am not looking forward to staying here for nearly a week.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank sasha-em
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Hello sasha-em!

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs and for leaving a straightforward feedback. On the other hand, I'm sorry that you're not pleased with the general condition of the room assigned to you. I regret that we were not able to provide you an excellent service during your stay. I guarantee you that all of your comments will be noted properly and shared with the management so we can make necessary adjustments to our facilities and overall service.

On a lighter note, I'm glad that you enjoyed our remarkable high-speed internet service and the cleanliness of our rooms. We appreciate these types of reviews because it keeps us motivated to be on top of our game.

We look forward to having you back again.

Take care and have a great day!

Peter J
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Very interesting modern look with polished concrete floors in the entrance with tile accents that looked nice and allowed bags to easily roll through the entrance. What I really liked was a very large room with a completely separate living room. I was having a meeting in the LR and I could close the door to the bedroom and you could still access the bathroom. Perfect for quick little meetings. I liked the Keurig coffee maker and the larger dorm room style refrigerator. I found it rather interesting they put a safe under the sink. The TV's were panasonic and you get the Panasonic remotes so you can access things like the HDMI port and the sleep timer. Lighting was very good and lots of outlet access. That bathroom was very nice with a very large shower and really good plumbing and water pressure. There was soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and plenty of towels and wash cloths. It was walking distance from Ruby Tuesdays and Chic-fil-A, and probably a few others.

What I didn't like:Not enough trash cans, no trash can in the bedroom and the kitchen area. Where there were trash cans they put plastic liners in them and they were left in such a fashion that if you dropped in some trash it may roll out on the floor. There was no plates, glasses, silverware in the suite. You had to go down stairs to get some paper plates, plastic ware and paper cups. These should already be in the cupboards of the rooms! I also found it strange that there was no table placed in front of the couch in the living room.

Overall it was a good room and I would probably book there again if I needed to have another meeting in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business