“Great food”
Review of 905 On The Bay

905 On The Bay
Ranked #252 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Description: Cozy family operated neighborhood restaurant with outdoor patio near the bay, serving Fresh Homemade Food! Relaxing atmosphere and SUPER friendly staff!
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is a very good place to eat. The service is very good and the food comes out quickly. Staff is friendly and the food is very tasty.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 13 May 2018

My wife and I took a chance on this place and experienced Char-Burnt burgers and possibly fresh french fries mixed with what appeared to be yesterdays fries :(

You could save yourself some heartburn by avoiding this place.

They don't seem to appreciate older people.

Date of visit: May 2018
John K, Owner at 905 On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Stan, I responded to your last message in Yelp, but have not received a response? Not sure how else to reach you, as Yelp will not let me write anything else until you reply. I am sorry you felt it nessesary to create a TripAdvisor account just to write another review, due to the fact that someone had messaged you in Yelp? I do not know, or am not affiliated with anyone named LaVonne R., nor am I able to look her up, (per your advice) unless you can tell me the name of the place she has reviewed. I'm wondering why you haven't tried to reach out to the person that messaged you yourself? I believe I have tried my best to answer your review, but really am at my limits as to why you would want to add in the drama of someone who privately messaged you? You admitted, because of that message, you decided to put a review on TripAdvisor as well, and also lower my rating to one on Yelp. You even said that you didn't claim the message came from 905. I was not even in the restaurant the day you visited, and do NOT know who messaged you. It was not me, nor any of my staff. I am the only one that responds to reviews left for my business, and have no control over who sends you anything private. As far as your last response ending in “otherwise, as we learned at your establishment, you get what you're served”, Well, I guess I get what I didn’t serve as well. You most certainly are welcome to stop by the restaurant and see me in person on weekends. Thank you

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The food was very tasty as we both enjoyed our meal. It came out in a timely manner, was cooked to order, and everything was hot.
The sad part about our breakfast was the service. There was only one other table the morning we went, yet it took our waitress close to 10 minutes to bring us a menu, another 10 to ask if we might like water or coffee, and another 5 or so to take our order.
Luckily for us we didn't need coffee or water refills once our breakfast arrived, as who knows if or when she would have come back.

Date of visit: February 2018
John K, Owner at 905 On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Hi Isbernst, I'm happy you enjoyed your meal, but sorry you did not receive the service you deserved. It would be helpful to know the day/time you visited, as well as your servers name, so that this issue can be addressed. Thank you

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We are staying in an Air bnb down the street from this adorable breakfast spot! (Also open for lunch and dinner). Very clean, wonderful breakfast, and perfect for our family! Our server, Kathy, was very attentive and personable! Our order came out perfectly and fast. Our cups never sat empty either, which is so nice! I highly recommend this place for breakfast! Great Flapjacks (pancakes).. awesome omelette, but the show stopper are the "homefries". Homemade breakfast potatoes spiced to perfection! Jenga on the table to play while you wait for your food! So nice for our daughter.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Thanks to TA we tried 905 for breakfast on our trip to the Shenandoah Valley. Since I have been “watching my weight” we decided to split the meal. We order they special and asked if it was enough to split. The super waitress said “ There is plenty for two.” She was definitely CORRECT!
The pic below of two plates is actually our one breakfast; split! There was two of everything- pancakes, eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, and hash browns. All was terrific but the hash browns were the exceptionally good !
Go hungry or split!
Plus there is no “ split plate charge!”

Date of visit: November 2017