All reviews double tree warm cookies max and ermas norfolk airport business trip pleasant stay easy access very nice hotel virginia beach shuttle reunion convenience maintenance clerk
Reviewed 19 September 2018

This hotel is conveniently located near Norfolk airport, easy access to Virginia Beach. Overall it is OK, the hotel is a little dated, but still comfortable enough. Staff is friendly, parking is ample and free so that was a plus.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DellE1992, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Young L:
We are delighted you found our location convenient for your needs and you found our staff friendly and were able to enjoy the free parking. However, okay is definitely not our goal and as we continually work to improve our guest experience we hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service when you return to the area.
With hospitality,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a great getaway here while attending a ship reunion. It was convenient with easy off/on of I64, and near I264 for beach access. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. The water bottles and cookies at checkin we’re a great bonus for being Hilton Honor members. The room price was a bit high. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DellE1992, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Dean+Amy-2004:
Fantastic! Thank you for that glowing rating and endorsement! We were delighted to have you as our guest and that you found our hotel convenient for your needs and you found our hotel clean and the room spacious. We hope to have you as our guest again should you return to the area, we'll have a warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie waiting for you.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Good location with easy access to the Norfolk and Virginia Beach area. Facility is in generally good condition but showing some age. Staff was very professional and pleasant. On property restaurant had reasonably priced food with a good selection. Cookies were GREAT!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DellE1992, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Michael C:
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to see you found our hotel of good value, location to your liking and our staff professional and pleasant. We hope to see you again soon!

With hospitality,

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel as I was there for business. My only gripe would be that there was no microwave available in the room and my Desk chair started to break on the last two days there. Other than that, I would visit the hotel again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DellE1992, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Eric B:
Thank you for being our guest, we appreciate your business and apologize that you had a challenge with your desk chair. I believe I was able to locate the room you were assigned and have asked our Chief Engineer to ensure if the chair has been replaced, to either have it fixed or replaced immediately. We hope should you return to the area that you will afford us another opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My first hotel stay after my return from 1 year deployment. I know my sheets were not changed the entire time because the sheets had small food stain. No microwave in room so if you want to warm food, you will need to go to the lobby. Hot, noisy and poor bathroom cleaning. My hair never left the floor Rock-hard pillows. AC unit did not work because I would go to sleep in 60s degrees and wake up in the 70s. I was gone for a weekend and even though I put the "do not distube" sign, I came back 2 days later to a room that had been cleaned.
Plus side, you are closed to shopping center and Norfolk International airport which hotel shuttle can take you every 30 minutes.

Overall, Im highly disappointed because I expected better service just for the fact that carries the Hilton name.

Trip type: Travelled on business
DellE1992, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Blanca E:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Service Excellence is a key focus to building and maintaining our customer base and we thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and share your concerns with us. I understand your frustration and I apologize for falling short on our high service standards. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper to research the reason why your room was not cleaned. I checked our shift reports and follow-up logs and did not see any mention of issues related to your room during your stay. In the future, please reach out to the Front Desk staff, if you experience issues during your stay here or other hotels and afford them the opportunity to Make it Right during your stay. While we do our best to always deliver a smooth experience, occasionally mistakes happen. Your voice is critical to acting on our areas of opportunity and I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.