Costa Nova Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Jardim(Aveiro)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Stayed here for 8 nights July 2016. The room was the smallest I have ever experienced at this small 2 story hotel. The staff was friendly and kind, but did not exude "aggressive hospitality". The location was good and the price was very reasonable. Though the room was small, it did have a nice little balcony with a small table and two chairs. The room lacked a dresser or drawers, but the closet was large. The bed was a problem as the two twin mattresses on one bed frame kept sliding apart as we tossed and turned. A few times my wife disappeared in the space that opened up between the mattresses, and it became an annoying problem. The bathroom was relatively large compared to the room, but the shower was tiny. I kept hitting the water faucets when trying to move in the shower, which sometimes produced freezing cold water, or scalding hot water, depending on which way I moved. There was no air circulation in the bathroom. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very prompt, but for some reason they never gave us new plastic cups. The towels were a little rough. The wifi was pretty good and free. Breakfast was very basic, but good enough for our needs. BUT, despite all this I would consider staying there again due to a lack of alternatives, the very reasonable price, reasonable level of friendliness, and the good location.

Room Tip: I think they have rooms with Queen beds which offer a little more free space. They might even have bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Check-in - good;
Twin bed room with balcony, bathroom with amenities according to 3 star property. Impeccable cleanliness.
A very good breakfast.
Staff helpful, offering good advices with a friendly smile.
Check-out - very good.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2016

The hotel has been renovated and everything was brand new. Despite booking with a voucher we got an amazing double bed on the top floor from where we could see the river from the balcony.
The bed was really comfy, and we had extra blankets. It can been warm during the day in March, but nights are cold, and the room had the perfect temperature. Loved listening to the rain at night...
The bathroom had body wash, soaps, plastic cups, hair cap and a hairdryer. Everything was clean and shining.
Breakfast was small but had everything we needed. Nice croissants, jams and cake.

Room Tip: top floor for river view
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Raquel N, Gerente at Costa Nova Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you so much for the comment. We were pleased that you like the service of the Hotel. We hope to welcome you next visit to Aveiro. Raquel Nunes General Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2015

The best location to see Costa Nova striped houses and right next to beach. The room is simple but very comfortable and the breakfast had lots of options. My only change would be the juices, for fresh ones.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with view for the striped houses.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anavieira03
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

The breakfast was fantastic and the service given by the young girl was fantastic. After my first complaint she come to speak to me and explained that they did offer decaf at no extra charge, and everyday she would bring it to me upon my arrival. The manager failed to acknowledge my complaint even tho this was made at the beginning of my stay.

When I left and ask for the complaint book ( the way to get them to take it seriously )the manager (owner I reckon) came over and rather than apologise (not done till the end) she kept given me excuses . I was clearly not aware of the hotel policy of not allowing us to take food to the room. As we woke up early for it we made sandwiches and would go back to sleep for a while and then have it. The manager told us we were not allowed and we never did it again, the signing is poor,high on a wall and barely visible. We were charged tho, very poor service. She told us and she charged us.

I believe this hotel doe not welcome young couples with no kids, my case. Am not a young girl ,am 30 years old ,but felt like I was being treated differently because we did not fit within the hotel clientele.

The manager also accused me of being on my period and messing up the sheets! I was so ashamed,she did this at reception and in front of a member of her staff. I told her my boyfriend cut himself and even show her the cut on his leg, to what she replied :not it was not from that only. This was outrageous. Not only this was not true but also tell me that her staff talks about the clients ,badly ! Unacceptable. The lady had no costumer service skills whatsoever. She did gave me back the money I was wrongly charged for the coffee but never once apologised for anything,not even for her false accusation. I had been days before asking for a plaster for his leg ,of course he moves when he sleeps so hard for it to stay over the wound. Had I been on my period and that had happened I would never go over to complain.

I would not recommend this to couples with no kids, of any under 30. The hotel was not welcoming to us,39year old couple with no kids!

The breakfast choice was ok,same thing every day but delicious food. The little croissants were amazing.

The two gentlemen that stayed at night were friendly and very polite and helpful.

Cleaning ladies wee probably just sharing with their boss what they seen in their cleaning time, which I find rather unprofessional .apart From that they were very good, quick and efficient .

The room for the price we paid was rather small, the balcony was great to have and spacious. The toiletries we're two lil soaps and wipe....take yours!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple