See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2015

The best location to see Costa Nova striped houses and right next to beach. The room is simple but very comfortable and the breakfast had lots of options. My only change would be the juices, for fresh ones.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with view for the striped houses.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anavieira03
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

The breakfast was fantastic and the service given by the young girl was fantastic. After my first complaint she come to speak to me and explained that they did offer decaf at no extra charge, and everyday she would bring it to me upon my arrival. The manager failed to acknowledge my complaint even tho this was made at the beginning of my stay.

When I left and ask for the complaint book ( the way to get them to take it seriously )the manager (owner I reckon) came over and rather than apologise (not done till the end) she kept given me excuses . I was clearly not aware of the hotel policy of not allowing us to take food to the room. As we woke up early for it we made sandwiches and would go back to sleep for a while and then have it. The manager told us we were not allowed and we never did it again, the signing is poor,high on a wall and barely visible. We were charged tho, very poor service. She told us and she charged us.

I believe this hotel doe not welcome young couples with no kids, my case. Am not a young girl ,am 30 years old ,but felt like I was being treated differently because we did not fit within the hotel clientele.

The manager also accused me of being on my period and messing up the sheets! I was so ashamed,she did this at reception and in front of a member of her staff. I told her my boyfriend cut himself and even show her the cut on his leg, to what she replied :not it was not from that only. This was outrageous. Not only this was not true but also tell me that her staff talks about the clients ,badly ! Unacceptable. The lady had no costumer service skills whatsoever. She did gave me back the money I was wrongly charged for the coffee but never once apologised for anything,not even for her false accusation. I had been days before asking for a plaster for his leg ,of course he moves when he sleeps so hard for it to stay over the wound. Had I been on my period and that had happened I would never go over to complain.

I would not recommend this to couples with no kids, of any under 30. The hotel was not welcoming to us,39year old couple with no kids!

The breakfast choice was ok,same thing every day but delicious food. The little croissants were amazing.

The two gentlemen that stayed at night were friendly and very polite and helpful.

Cleaning ladies wee probably just sharing with their boss what they seen in their cleaning time, which I find rather unprofessional .apart From that they were very good, quick and efficient .

The room for the price we paid was rather small, the balcony was great to have and spacious. The toiletries we're two lil soaps and wipe....take yours!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Belaana
Reviewed 13 October 2014

Having done the sights of Aveiro, we decided to stay by the sea in the hope of catching some surf. We were surprised at how vibrant out of season Costa Nova was and the Hotel Azevedo was well located to enjoy the beach, bustling fish market and very good Restaurant Dori. The reception at the hotel was friendly, the room small but adequate, with good beds. The breakfast was basic but good quality. Being able to park in the garage under the hotel was a plus (although at extra cost). We originally planned to spend one night but were pleased enough with the hotel and surrounds to spend 2 nights.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickRiver
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Costa Nova is a ghost beach town at the end of May. Every other building has it's windows broken and stray dogs are around. A handful of restaurants, not a lot of competition. The hotel is not by the water. Decent quality inside but situated on a rundown road. Wifi only works if you sit by the door of your room and is still spotty. The furnishings of the hotel are decent. Drove into the town of Aveiro (10 minute drive) for dinner and regretted not staying in town.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sabsy_c
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this small hotel. The rooms were fine and the personnel was really kind. Definetely very good value for money. We would recommend anybody willing to stay in Costa Nova to stay there for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple