All reviewsstayed herewine tastingireneweddingwinerymaintenancesettingremoteterrace
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Really lovely stay, sweet place and lovely service by all. It's a really old farmhouse but what do you expect with a lovely place like that no need for improvement. Great large rooms can't expect air conditioning as what's wrong with opening windows.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Corte di Valle for 3 nights at the end of June as our friend was getting married at a nearby venue. The bride recommended this place to us as it was only a 4 minute drive from the venue. I didn't question her judgement and booked the hotel. A big mistake. It was a disappointment from start to finish.

We arrived at 8.45 Friday evening, in 33degree heat. We entered the room to find not only was there no air conditioning, the room felt dated, tatty, unloved and there was no bottled water in the room despite there being an empty cold fridge in the room. We were unsure if the tap water was ok to drink as no one informed us of this info but given that we were attending the wedding the next day I was not prepared to take the risk of drinking the water and potentially getting an upset stomach. We managed to get some bottled water from the brides hotel up the road.
The nice young lady that checked us in left the premises as soon as we got to our rooms so there was no one else to ask for a drink. This member of staff was the only one that had the ability to smile and be welcoming. The 'bar' was closed and when it sporadicly opened it only served white and red wine, they wouldn't let me charge to the room or pay by card, it's cash only. The bed/mattress was very hard and uncomfortable which only made sleeping worse without air con. We had 1 very flat pillow each and the bedding only gets changed once every 3 days which meant by night 3 it was feeling incredibly sweaty and sticky. We had to have all the windows and shutters open in order to cool the room down slightly yet this caused another problem with the mosquitoes. By morning I had been bitten 9 times despite having citronella candles burning and wearing repellent. By the end of the stay I had 30 mosquito bites in total. It was 3 very uncomfortable nights with a severe lack of sleep due to the heat and discomfort of the room. The bathroom seemed to be the main area the mosquitoes congregated and I found myself every morning trying to kill as many as I could as quickly as possible to prevent further bites.
The 2 other members of staff at the property were very unwelcoming, failed to smile or be of any help, especially when we tried to get a taxi to town, which we gave up on in the end. Thankfully we did have a hire car which was definitely needed as the town is too far to walk.
The breakfast was very very basic, instant coffee served in an heated urn but was only luke warm. A toaster, a few bits of bread, antipasti meats and some fruit. We ended up having to drive to town to get breakfast every morning. Tea and coffee facilities in the room would have been nice but no such luck. The restaurants and shops in town are lovely but we were caught out on the Sunday when we finally had some time to go to the supermarket to get some food for the room but unfortunately its closed on Sundays. The hotel does not have a restaurant.
On the third and last night i had finally got to sleep but was woken up at 11.45pm by numerous taxis dropping new and very noisy guests off at the hotel, after 30minutes of noise I ended up having to shout out the window for some peace and quiet.
When it came to check out the bill came to €327 plus €9 city tax, the lady serving me asked if I could pay the €9 in cash and put the rest on the card, I declined as I had no cash left at this point, I felt uncomfortable and I felt like a burden to her by having to pay the full amount on my card.
The only positive I can say about this place is the scenery, it's very picturesque and beautiful. The pool area is very secluded and peaceful too.
I will not be returning

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This little winery is in a fabulous spot about a 5-10 minute drive north of Greve in Chianti. It consists of a large house and further rooms set above the restaurant/wine shop and has a little pool tucked down the side with fabulous views towards the Castello opposite.

We stayed for a wedding at said Castello so there was 10 of us on site between 5 rooms. I think all of us in the main building felt like the rooms were big and nice but missing a crucial element for Italian summer - working A/C. We had a unit in our room but it didn't work and over two days, they either couldn't give us the remote or get us a fan which made for uncomfortable nights!

Other than this the stay was good - our courtyard facing room was a bit noisy in early morning due to having to have windows open to keep cool - people arrived to start maintenance about 6am. The staff were nice and breakfast was a bit plain but it was lovely to sit outside and eat and to hang out by the pool. We also imbibed quite a bit of the wine from the shop!

Not sure I would stay again as the lack of working A/C in that heat was a deal breaker for me but Irene was lovely and has a great property.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016

A villa set north of Greve ready for a relaxing Tuscany experience. The owners and staff are very welcoming to their beautiful property. As it is off the main track, the winery does not get the usual traffic that you would expect from a Tuscany winery. For the record, their wines are extremely good and well priced.

The cooking school is run by Irene who does a great job of explaining Italian home-cooking. I was particularly interested in some of her tips and techniques.

The rooms are very large but for some reason the bathroom is an awkward layout. Whilst the room has a large 4 poster bed, our mattress was hard which was not comfortable.

To make the villa a great villa, just a little has to be spent on upgrading the bathrooms - and a soft mattress! But the biggest issue is the Wi-Fi throughout the property - there is no access in the bedrooms, the other areas are weak. We sat next to the Wi-Fi router and could not get a reliable signal to use Skype.

Room Tip: Upstairs is not a problem with a wide staircase for easy access
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I did a wine cellar tour here for approx half an hour as we passed it whilst driving through the Chianti region. The lovely young lady working in the shop gave us an informative tour in English about the wine creation process. This was perfect for us to receive an overview of how it all works and then we tasted 4 different wines that are produced there.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple