Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

Book in advance
from
US$463.64
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Castello di Verrazzano
from US$463.64
More Info
from US$365.00
More Info
1,419 results
All reviews balsamic vinegar castello di wine tour food and wine great tour pasta sausage different wines castle lunch maria florence winery chianti tasting property estate
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2019

We arrived in Greve a day early for our booking and needed somewhere to stay for that night. Luckily for us the Verrazzano farmhouse had two rooms for our party of 4 and we signed in. Offered a wine tour up at the castle, we first spent an hour enjoying a bottle of wine and those amazing Italian snacks including salumi and cheese. The wine tour was very special as we followed our guide through the cellars, seeing prosciutto hams maturing, olive oil vats, ageing balsamic vinegar and impressive wine collections. This included the family's own private collection. A tutored tasting with more cheese and salami completed the tour. Our rooms in the farmhouse were excellent and the breakfast served in a small courtyard first class. Could not recommend this place highly enough. To put this in context I live in a small vineyard in the Hunter Valley, so know my wines and wine tours!

1  Thank MartinBlackDuck
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

Do not miss the opportunity to visit Castello di Verrazzano when visiting Tuscany! The surroundings were beautiful and the staff was fun loving and knowledgeable! We chose the Food and Wine Experience which included an in depth tour and a lavish food and wine tasing. Our guide Latitsia was charming and spoke English very well. We were seated in a beautiful dining room for our tastings. Thanks to all of the staff. You are an incredible example of customer based satisfaction! Castello di Verrazzano was AMAZING. Don’t miss this incredible experience!

Reviewed 9 October 2019

I happened upon their website and also looked at some videos . I was so impressed I booked immediately with Novella. She was very helpful & answered all my emails promptly. The cost was very reasonable . We were glad we arranged to have a driver from our hotel take care of our transportation both ways. While we waited for the tour to begin, we had a chance to enjoy the breathtaking views. Maria was our guide for the Wine & Food Experience ,and she was fabulous ! She definitely loves what she does, and she kept everyone's attention throughout the very detailed, informative , and interesting tour. I have been on many wine tours ,and this was my favorite ! The tour started with the grounds and the history of Castello di Verrazzano and on to the cellars where we met the owner. The lunch was held in a huge yet cozy feeling room . Maria explained the wine and food pairings as platters were brought to the table. Every course was so delicious and generous too. It was a very relaxed and unrushed meal with a lovely sociable group at our table. I enjoyed the wine so much that I had some shipped home along with their extra virgin olive oil. We will always remember that gorgeous sunny day and our tour with Maria !Grazie mille, Peggy & George

3  Thank sienapj
Reviewed 4 October 2019

We have taken tours of other winery's in the past but this one was truly great. The tour taught us a lot about how wine is made at the castle and we toured the basement cellars, barrel rooms and saw where the grapes our dried out. The price was very reasonable for what we received. The tasting at the end of the tour was in a very cool dining area. I would highly recommend visiting the castle and taking the tour.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

Omg I have been trying to remember the name of this place for half a decade and as luck would have it, TA just recommended it to me! This is such a beautiful place, the wine is amazing, the balsamic vinegar is delicious, and the views are to die for. I believe we even got some special grappa here too - wasn't my cup of tea, but those in my party who like straight liquor LOVED it. I full-heartedly recommend this place!!!