See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Lovely quirky b&b, staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms and bathrooms are immaculate. Canvas covered courtyard leads to a cave bar area for a cooler sit-out room. Small drawback is that it is difficult to get to with luggage. Loved the stay, conveniently close to the town centre, restaurants and shopping areas.

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank 764margaretk
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

My son and I were very comfortable, the place is spotless and quiet and Lisa was very friendly and helpful. It is located right where everything is. You cannot park right next to it because it is on a "street" that is too narrow for cars, but that is part of the charm. Although we could have brought our bags, we decided to bring what we needed for our stay in our day packs. We don't need to be traveling with too much anyway! I would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2014

Don't expect to drive up to the front door of Al Moro Locanda. Access is on foot through the ancient Arab area of town. But it can be done; I walk with the aid of sticks and made my way out and about.

The stone steps can be steep and wheelchair access is out of the question.

Several very good restaurants nearby and some excellent Sicilian wines on offer at the hotel.

Ample breakfast buffet provided.

Room tip: The first floor room will save some steps. Bathroom is fitted with hand holds and shower is easy to access.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2014

We found it wandering around Sciacca. First we were supprised to find out that is hardly a B&B. Insied it looks rather like a boutique hotel. Everything was more than ok - rooms are clean, the common area is very nice, the breakfasts were nice, the whole interior is nice, the building itself is located in a center, but still away from the noise. We will come back!! Such a nice place - I wish all B&B look like this one:))

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank kasi29
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We happened upon Sciacca as a bit of an intended departure from the usual touristy spots (having been previously in Agrigento) so found ourselves here on spec and without somewhere to stay. Wandering around we passed a couple who suggested we try here and what a lovely surprise find. Travelling on foot and with very little luggage, we did not find there was too much of a schlepp to the place but if you have a car, this may be tricky.

It is a lovely old building which has been given a contemporary and unusual makeover. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the room very neat, clean and more than adequate for our needs with an immaculate bathroom. They have had a lift installed (which is hilariously slow - but it works, which is the main thing !) and I wish we had had time to enjoy the cellar and other areas for relaxing in within its walls.

We didn't have time to stay for breakfast as we had an early bus to catch, which was a shame. But I would definitely recommend this spot - and the Locanda. Very friendly all round - and good value for 60 euros for the night for bed + breakfast.

The town is an interesting spot - a functioning fishing port lies 220 steps down into the harbour (I know, I climbed them back up again) and in the evening, it is nice to stroll around, catch the sunset over the Piazza Scandaliato and hear the thousands of birds coming home to roost for the night. Tired of restaurant eating, we dined street food style at what is a very popular stand on the Corso Vitorio Emmanuele just in front of the Villa Communale. Great fun, mixing with local people - and cheap, too.

Date of stay: September 2014