2,048 results
All reviews golf course kids club play golf rocco forte great golf water sports tennis courts grand suite wonderful spa free bikes indoor pool granita spa treatments family holiday quality of food beautiful location main building
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely 3 day break here. We had a superior first floor room. The views over the sea and pool were stunning. The pool is huge. The service was friendly and attentive. There are several options for eating. The seafood restaurant was expensive and I think we made the wrong choice - I suspect the salt baked fish is the thing to go for. The fine dining restaurant was very good. The pizza restaurant good for kids. The hotel is very child friendly (we do not have any). We do not play golf and we didn't use the spa. The location is handily half way between the archeological sites at Agrigento and Selinunte which was the main reason for our choice of hotel. All this luxury costs but overall we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: First floor room has good views and more privacy
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This is not a hotel...its a huge resort. It lacks intimacy and charm for sure but that being said it is great for a golf holiday. The rooms are large with massive bathrooms.
Bikes are available everywhere to hop on and get around the resort.
The spa was beautiful and services were great. The pool area is beautiful and has a second indoor pool.
Restaurants are average...this area could use some improvement.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Spent a long weekend at this sensational resort.
Beautiful place, fantastic food and great golf and the weather was perfect. The rooms are lovely with everything you could wish for and the service is great.I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This Rocco Forte Hotel is about 10 years old and it has not aged well- in fact I doubt that much investment has been made since it opened and it shows. This review is just about the hotel itself and the different restaurants and the 2 golf courses will be dealt with subsequently.!! Although I must comment on the breakfast which is disappointing from a quality point of view. We stayed in one of the superior beach side rooms / villas with an outside terrace which is covered by a type of matting made of reeds through which the rain penetrates leaving all the furniture and cushions outside wet and inutilisable. The condition of our outside terrace when we arrived should have been photographed as quite frankly I have never seen anything so disgusting before in my life. The rooms are poorly laid out and furnished badly - in fact IKEA probably would do considerably better in terms of looks and comfort.!! We returned to the room after dinner one evening and the automatic keys did not work and this seems to happen quite frequently as we heard our room neighbor cussing and swearing the next day as he had the same experience. To cut short the hotel is dated and urgently needs some serious investment ASAP. Honestly we are surprised that many of the guests seem to accept their standards which if I am kind equate to a four star property but if I am fair and honest are much nearer to a three star facility. Many of the staff are friendly but at breakfast there were no smiles or good mornings and most of the waiters / waitresses appeared somewhat disinterested and surly. Staying at Verdura is not cheap and to be very frank does not represent good value for ones money.
I recommend that you avoid this facility until it has a total overall and if you are a keen golfer may I suggest Terre Blanche just outside Nice owned by Dietmar Hopp - you will find my review on line at TripAdvisor.!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Having spent a month in Sicily, this resort is clearly a departure from all hotels on the island. It Is truly a resort, not a hotel, which has positive and negative attributes. thought this wasn't my favourite accommodation on the island, I enjoyed my stay enough to extend it, and I never left the resort; its a world unto itself.

Everything here is big; the hotel rooms, the pool, the grounds, the restaurants, the spa, etc.
It is an INCREDIBLE property. There are complimentary bikes and jogging paths. So each morning before it was sweltering hot, I would go for a 10km run, and then an equal sized bike ride, all within the property. Afterwards, I would head to the extensive spa facilities and bliss out.

Pros
- massive room, luxurious bedding, well designed bathroom with great tub. Very chic aesthetic. stunning vies from my patio
- incredible pool, perfect temperature,
- bars have different cocktails.
- beach well maintained
- incredible land, landscaping, unique architecture
- you can buy a bottle of wine at one meal and finish it at another meal at one of their other restaurants
- the lady who checked me in was sooooooo nice
- for a fancy high end resort, it lacked pretension and snobbery.

Cons
- If I had stayed any longer I would have been bored of the food. It was good, but not great, especially if you spend time on Sicily outside of the resort, you'd know the prices are astronomical by Sicilian standards, and that the food isn't actually as good as local restaurants. but again, the food was still good.
- had one great meal by the pool and then had one abysmal one where they had to take back my food, and didn't charge me for it.
- the breakfast set up was the low point of the hotel - it really feels like a big American resort during breakfast. I think this is one area they could improve. It lacks the delicacy that the rest of the hotel has.
- they play really tacky 'traditional' music at the Grill which nobody really listens to anymore, giving the place a bit of a Disney feel.
- my bathroom could have been cleaned better - I had to clean my own tub to use it as there was other people's hair and some detritus in it.
- the spa pools are showing some wear and tear. with a little attention these could be brought up to standard pretty easily. and quite honestly, at this price point, they should really have done this before the season began.

I'd stay here again, if the price point remains the same.

Room Tip: all rooms face the sea. some are just further back then others. I'd recommend a main floor suite
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo