All reviews yogurt sant' angelo thermal water the bus his son enjoyed our stay angela sleep sweets island views ischia kindness bath relaxation bay
Reviewed 22 September 2014

It took another 1.5 more hours to get into the room after arriving the hotel at midnight.

The guy at the front insisted he had no reservation for me and the hotel was already full. Having shown my book confirmation email via expedia to hime, and after 15 minutes of frustrating wait, he suddenly turned into very friendly owner and told his name is Giuseppe. Since then, he was very friendly and offered me service bread and tea (which I figured out he charged me), and told me to enjoy the pool while he was preparing my bed.
The room was 2 star quality, without no window. I am not sure average quality of rooms in Ischia, but I would say it was not worth paying 79 euro per night.

Good thing was, Giuseppe was very enthusiastic to teach me where to go during the stay and asked one local couple to let me give a ride to one of the terme in the island. It was very helpful because the location of the hotel was not convenient without a car (bus was available but it took time to get the destinations). I enjoyed exploring the terme with that couple which was memorable.

Overall, the hospitality of Giuseppe was good but if you do not speak any Italian, the stay there would be still painful. (No other his family spoke any English) I cannot recommend this accommodation to my friends.

Room tip: Keep in mind this is 3 star hotel with "Italian Quality"
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Miki M
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Such a fabulous hotel in a prime location with an amazing view!
The place is quiet and private, but it's also a 5 minute walk from bars, shops and restaurants. You have great food for breakfast too, served by an awesome friendly staff! Spotlessly clean, with thermal pools and roof terrace, Residence Sant'Angelo is the perfect vacation getaway for everyone. Will definitely go back there!!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Giuseppe and Angela are very kind hosts. Giuseppe speaks a little English and Angela speaks some French and both go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The more expensive the room, the better it is. Air con available at 5 Euro a day extra. WiFi. The roof terrace has plenty of seating and sun lounges for sunbathing and a very warm thermal pool. In the evening we sat overlooking the bay enjoying the lovely view. Good breakfast with fruit/juice, muesli, yogurt, pastries, bread and v nice tomatoes. Bus stops right outside the hotel. One can buy the bus ticket from the driver, more convenient, costs about a Euro more than the ticket office.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Very nice atmosphere in the hotel, clean, beautiful design, master Giuseppe nice, caring person who will tell you about the sights of the island, will help in any matter. Rooms are cleaned every day, all the equipment is working, a great view, large balcony. The biggest advantage - thermal pools! We did not get out of them! In the hotel you can find everything you need: a cafe, an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, on the roof is a large open area with sun beds, umbrellas, chairs, barbecue, changing rooms, toilets. Near the bottom of a cozy little beach cafe, going up and down is not hard. There is a beach in San Angelo 10 minutes on foot. Our expectations were met by 100%. We lived in the second half of October, when the season ended. A peaceful place with stunning scenery (species). We want to go back again.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Larisa S
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My stay at Residence Hotel Sant' Angelo has been excellent! Giuseppe and Angela have gone above and beyond to make me feel welcomed. Upon arrival I was given a lovely glass of juice with ice while they were processing my paperwork for me. They also helped me take my bag to my room.

The hotel is a very close walk to the town of Sant' Angelo. It is a leisurely stroll of about 15 mins. If you are taking the bus from the Ischia Porto you can take either bus CD or CS. It is the last stop before Sant' Angelo aka Cava Grado.

I stayed on the bottom floor. Even though it did not have windows it was very quiet. The traffic noise settles down around 11:00pm. If you want a view of the sea it is a little extra but worth the price. Unfortunately all of those rooms were booked when I arrived.

The rooms are a nice size and the bathrooms are good. The showers are excellent as there is very good pressure and water for showering. I have realized in Italy this is very rare.

The breakfast is excellent. If you are lucky Giuseppe has brought in some of his tomatoes from home. I highly recommend having this with the pane and olive oil. You are also given a lovely choice of pastries, yogurt, juice and coffee.

I had come down with a bad cold during my stay and Giuseppe offered me hot tea with lemon in the mornings to help with my cold.

They have two thermal pools here. The one upstairs is heated and can become quite warm during the hot days. But it is very lovely. When returning from dinner expect Giuseppe to invite you for a night time swim as the water comes directly from the thermal springs and is amazing for your skin. I highly recommend taking the nightly swim and will miss this dearly.

The second pool is located down two floors. It is a bit cooler but has amazing massaging jets that will work out all of your aches and pains! It was also very good for my cold!

Even though English is not their strongest language, they do anything and everything possible to make you feel welcome!

Please note that the hotel has stairs up to the main lobby/breakfast area and the pools. If you have any difficulties with stairs this might be a concern.

I will definitely be back one day soon!!!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the main lobby floor with a view. It is a little more but worth the price!
Date of stay: August 2013